+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Little Southern Culture?

Hi,
    I recall as kids we used to pick buttercups and hold them under someone else's chin. If their chin glowed yellow, you could tell they liked butter (that was the theory anyway) Of course, at that point you usually mashed the buttercup onto their chin and left a yellow stain. I don't ever recall anything itchy about them?

- Jeff
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

And here's a touch of northern culture back at ya!
    Happy Spring!!

Blog Entries

Please Take note.

Although its true that I did take part in a discussion about dainty flowers, please take note that I was extolling the virtues of a deadly very masculine poisionous nasty killer of a plant. Which in no way makes me the least bit like a girley man.

Dandielions can be used in salads , making a coffee substitute, a crude type of flour, in wine making and necklaces for your mom when you break a window which by the way was completely by accident.

Let the record also show that I have never gone to a pansy festival.

Ps. Real men do eat quiche because we are secure enough to not give a darn who knows it. So there.

PPs. namekagon..... buttercups are indigenous to north america not just Canada and Dandilions came from Europe where they are cultivated. The pine beetle came from the south and invaded us not the other way round . The bird flu if it gets here comes from asia. Fire ants, Killer bees , yellow perch , bass are all heading our way from the south. We here in the north don,t want them. Knapp weed the scourge of our grasslands came from Russia. Asian milfoil came from asia via European fish keepers. The new scourge of our coasts is the Alantic salmon which is beginning to show up in spawning beds in our rivers. Starlings are European and now I hear that southern bullfrogs are happily destroying our native species.

Whirling disease and zebra mussles are also makeing an appearance. Don't get me started on european carp either.

The worst scourge of all is the spread of establishments like wally worlds and the golden arches of celulite moving across this great land. There is just one corner in just one of our cities left that doesn't have a Starbucks on it and we are keeping its location a secret.

Thats just off the top of my head.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Take heart Gnu Bee Flyer!
    I suspect before things get to bad the Yellowstone Caldera will blow again.
    nam

Blog Entries

I thought that the name for dandelion came from the French for "tooth of the lion" "Dent du Lion".

My last name, Dillon, is supposed to be an Irish corruption of "du Lion".

Ed

"Fire ants, Killer bees. . ."

Both of those migrated up from South America and came from Africa aboard ships before that. . . we don't want them down South either!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnu Bee Flyer
    Please Take note.

Although its true that I did take part in a discussion about dainty flowers, please take note that I was extolling the virtues of a deadly very masculine poisionous nasty killer of a plant. Which in no way makes me the least bit like a girley man.

Dandielions can be used in salads , making a coffee substitute, a crude type of flour, in wine making and necklaces for your mom when you break a window which by the way was completely by accident.

Let the record also show that I have never gone to a pansy festival.
    GBF,
    YOU DON'T WANT YELLOW PERCH????
    There cute little tasty fish!
    Doug

Ps. Real men do eat quiche because we are secure enough to not give a darn who knows it. So there.

PPs. namekagon..... buttercups are indigenous to north america not just Canada and Dandilions came from Europe where they are cultivated. The pine beetle came from the south and invaded us not the other way round . The bird flu if it gets here comes from asia. Fire ants, Killer bees , yellow perch , bass are all heading our way from the south. We here in the north don,t want them. Knapp weed the scourge of our grasslands came from Russia. Asian milfoil came from asia via European fish keepers. The new scourge of our coasts is the Alantic salmon which is beginning to show up in spawning beds in our rivers. Starlings are European and now I hear that southern bullfrogs are happily destroying our native species.

Whirling disease and zebra mussles are also makeing an appearance. Don't get me started on european carp either.

The worst scourge of all is the spread of establishments like wally worlds and the golden arches of celulite moving across this great land. There is just one corner in just one of our cities left that doesn't have a Starbucks on it and we are keeping its location a secret.

Thats just off the top of my head.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread