+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Brown Truck GONE CRAZY !!!!!

Default The Brown Truck GONE CRAZY !!!!!

OK, The brown truck showed up at the house yesterday with my package from Hook & Hackle. As normal I'm at work no one home. This one requires a signature. No problem I call the number given and put it on "will call" to be picked up the next day. I've never had a problem.

Last night I call I don't get a humen being. I get UPS Frankencorder. It thinks it can hear and speak. OK, after repeating answers several times I get all this trhrough and the package is on "will call". I can pick it up. Frankencorder proceeds to give me the address at 5552 &%##^**(*^^, Mesa AZ. "Do you want to listen again?" So I listen again, and again, and again, and again, and again, etc. The address is 5552 &%##^**(*^^, Mesa AZ. Just try to have Frankencorder spell the street name!

OK, I know what to do. I hang up and go to UPS.com. Sure enough there are 5 locations in Mesa - not a single one with a "5552" address!!!!

OK, Back to the tracking page. Sure enough my package is in Mesa and according to Frankencorder until the 19th. All I have to do is pick it up. SOMEWHERE !?!?!
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

Pan....THIS HAPPENED TO ME!
    It took me about an hour to find their store. According to the web page it was 322 whatever street. Well I couldnt find building 322. Finally I stopped and asked, after driving up and down the road four times, and someone gave me the correct directions. You had to take one turn off the road it was supposed to be on, drive a few miles, make another turn, and then turn into a shopping center. I emailed their customer service about it months ago. They claimed the would look into it. No change has been made.

What can brown do for you? Waste an hour of your life.

Park outside of a Pizza joint. Make a cell phone call and order a pizza,,, deliver it to the UPS office. Follow the truck. Might work. Or, call UPS and ask for a pick-up at your house.

go to the area around 5:00 PM and watch one of the main roads. When you see a brown truck - follow it.

Don't laugh that's what I have done and it worked.
    Around 5PM all of the trucks head to the barn. Even if you get to the wrong warehse there will be live humans that can punch the info into the computer and let you know where your stuff is...
    Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. - John Lennon

If you live in an area where you feel more than comfortable having UPS leave the package for you, you can request that they waive the sign-for portion of the delivery. Mind you, it's all on YOU should your stuff show up missing and you have to take that one on the chin, but they will leave it. All depends on how you feel about it. Saves running around the area endlessly.

Well I managed to get an e-mail into UPS support requesting an address. If I don't have one by the end of the day I'll stop by the usual location in Tempe to see if they can locate the address.

Normally it's the Tempe not Mesa distribution point my packages come in from.
    Let No One Walk Alone

Castwell, now that was funny! JGW

OK! But when you get blacklisted by Dominos, don't come crying to me!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Well that was a lesson well learned. The e-mail to UPS support came through with an address. I didn't know that part of Mesa existed and could be that far from the house!

And wouldn't you know it - It was one of those streets that come in little tiny pieces so Google maps pins it in the wrong place! I did find it though and got my package.

My shipping address will be my work address from now on. No more of this nonsense!

Oh! and MikieFinn, what got me past the bad Google map pin was that I was in the area around 5:00 PM and saw a brown truck - I followed it!
    Let No One Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    Park outside of a Pizza joint. Make a cell phone call and order a pizza,,, deliver it to the UPS office. Follow the truck. Might work. Or, call UPS and ask for a pick-up at your house.
    Better yet, park there at lunch time and wait for the UPS drivers to show up.

Or do what I do; find their goofing off spot, they all have one, sometimes you'll see two or three trucks parked there.

+ Reply to Thread