+ Reply to Thread

Thread: D.H. Thompson ?

Default D.H. Thompson ?

Last month I struck up a conversation at a show with a fellow using a Thompson Cobra vise. Whenever I see someone using one I have to know their motivation for buying it and if they still like it
    Anyway, this fellow told me that Thompson was back in business. I just looked it up and sure enough the web site is there just as if nothing ever happened.
    Did I just dream that they went under?
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Default Thompson

The original business was sold and I believe the new supplier markets online only? Wonder if the vice is still USA or now is made in Asia? Has anyone purchased from DH Thompson lately?

Fatman Guest

Hey gang,

I had posted this in 2004. Here's the email that Adventure Corporation sent me about Thompson closing.
    Thanks for your email. We are sorry that it has been difficult for you to reach Thompson. The company is dissolved due to a serious illness of one of the company principals. However, we are manufacturing the COBRA VISE and ACCESSORIES, and are honoring Thompson prices, and guarantees, and of course, identical quality. We also are manufacturing ULTRA HAIR, a superior tying material developed by Thompson. We have these items in stock and will be pleased to fill your orders at a qualified dealer discount of 40% off retail. Please let us know what other products you are interested in. Although the COBRA is our focus in fly tying, we may be able to help you with other formerly Thompson items.

We look forward to doing business with you.

Best regards,

Brian Buckman
    Adventure Corporation

Subject: NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

Please update your records to show our new email address, effective immediately: adventurecorp@insightbb.com

ADVENTURE CORPORATION
    Manufacturers of D.H. Thompson Fly Tying Products

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:41:15 -0500

Subject: NEW TELEPHONE NUMBERS

Please note our new telephone & fax numbers ADVENTURE CORPORATION
    PH: 815.713.3222 FAX: 815.713.3266

You can try them for yourselves, I ordered a part for my Thompson 2A back in 2004 and I've gotta the emails about changes since then.

They're out of Illinois, but as to actual location of manufacturing I don't know but the contact numbers should help everyone out

Fatman

+ Reply to Thread