+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In Response to Allegations of Fraud

jeez, now i must have an axe to grind or some kind of hidden agenda?? Give me a break!!! The boy made a poor choice, he knows it and has gone out of his way to correct the problem.
    The only thing i don't really like about this is the "high horse" mentality that this thread is now dripping with.
    Nothing personal lads, just hate the "tone" this thread has taken and the rather pompous posts being made.
    Iam done with this thread so any further discussion can be dent to flyfish@pei.sympatico.ca
    Salmon Chaser
    Professional Salmon Chaser since 1988!!

Our aversion to discussing ethics and integrity is what has gotten us in the sad state we're in today, RW.

I agree that this squabble never should have been aired in the public forum, but once the cat's out of the bag let's use it for good. I hope it makes all of us do a little soul searching.

"Gripes and Grumbles, Hurrahs and atta-boys! Give your input on products you have tried, companies you have dealt with; a place to ask about a Company or product and get input from folks who have used it."
    This was a warning from a member about a transaction he had. It was done for the benifit of the members.

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    "Gripes and Grumbles, Hurrahs and atta-boys! Give your input on products you have tried, companies you have dealt with; a place to ask about a Company or product and get input from folks who have used it."
    This was a warning from a member about a transaction he had. It was done for the benifit of the members.
    Point taken, JC. You're right. One of the things I REALLY like about this site is that y'all take a very proactive approach toward the integrity of THIS forum. So, yes, on second thought, I am glad Z posted up about this issue.

SM, RW here

Integrity?? You consider calling a man a Fraud, dishonest and a liar publicly before you have all the facts integrity? Sorry I disagree. That was a personal attack on an individual not a company. You can toss your philosophical banter all over the place SM but it doesn't fly with some of us. Personally I think it might be grounds for a defamation of character suit if mutt loses a lot of business over it. That's my gripe and grumble JC and it's as valid as anyone elses that is participating in this thread.

Later, RW
    "The value of trout is simply that they exist" <Frank Weisbarth>

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Wulff
    SM, RW here

Integrity?? You consider calling a man a Fraud, dishonest and a liar publicly before you have all the facts integrity? Sorry I disagree. That was a personal attack on an individual not a company. You can toss your philosophical banter all over the place SM but it doesn't fly with some of us. Personally I think it might be grounds for a defamation of character suit if mutt loses a lot of business over it. That's my gripe and grumble JC and it's as valid as anyone elses that is participating in this thread.

Later, RW
    RW, I don't have to know all the facts. Nor did I say word ONE about mcmutt that wasn't plain as day in black and white in his own words. I made a general point...social commentary...using HIS WORDS about his own reasoning for his actions as an example. Any lawyer would tell him he has NOTHING to latch onto for any sort of lawsuit from what I posted. I made one point: I took issue with his "customers I took money from be damned, I've got a family to feed" excuse for a 6 month delay in filling a simple order (an unreasonable delay by anyone's standards). You cannot sue someone for defamation unless they a) tell LIES about you that a reasonable person would have suspected were lies b) actually damage your financially in the process. Please show me where I have LIED about mcmutt.

I await your apology, sir.

The ice finally thawed where I live. I would love for some of you guys to come down and teach me to fly fish. You have so much to offer and I am ready to learn. How about it?

Steve

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen. Let us add reason to discourse. We have heard all sides (and then some). It is all said and done. When people continue to argue after they have made up their minds it is no longer discourse with reason but rather something much less.

Seems as though minds are made up and it is now time to move on.

jed

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

I think it's a very sad day when comments stressing the importance of honesty and responsibility in business are labelled "high horse" mentality and pompous posts. Even worse, is the view that right and wrong have become nothing more than philosophical banter. Shocking, no actually horrifying. Ken Lay must be smiling somewhere! 8T

You mean I can't get any of you "Fine" gentlemen to help me with my fly fishing?
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread