+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reel For Boo

Why not pair it with a Kusse for about the 1/3 the price of a Bogdan. You can see the reel on the sponser page.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

I have also been looking at that elkhorn that is for the give away this month and the kusse wow, I was checking out those bogdan's they are sweet but never fished with one.That is the only thing I have not fished alot of gear and am not sure if I buy something it will fit my feel. But, if I do buy something I am sure that it will be worth at least what I bought it for.

Default Bi-Metals

The Alchemy shown above is beautiful. There's also a Godfrey equivalent, the Bi-Metal. Now discontinued, but still some around.

Also, I think there's a reproduction Leonard Bi among the used reels shown at classicflyfisherman.com.

Another good source of info: Check under the reels rubric at westslopefly.com. Lots of reels shown that can be ordered new, and several for sale right now, including a Godfrey Bi-Metal 255.

Default Classic reel

I may be late to the party but if your considering all reels for boo rods, you have to consider J. Austin Forbes. He has a line of reels made specifically for the weight difference with a nod to the classic look. Here is one of his lines:

http://www.jaustinforbes.com/thistle.html

I feel like I should be getting sales commission for this company Ive made so many recommendations. I do own his Ariel and Avon lines, and highly recommend them. Best yet, they are sold here in the states thru Ebay, and there are a couple of them on now specifically for bamboo rods.

Good luck!

Default Re: Reel For Boo

Quote Originally Posted by wireguy1
    Ok,

I am going to be ordering a boo rod this month and it is going to take maybe six months to get it. Well, I want to go the distance I want a excellent reel and line to go with the rod. This is a loaded question and I know opinions but would really like some. Oh and budget well since I have six months to work overtime for now money is not an issue so let me have it...

wireguy
    If money is no object, get a reel by Ted Godfrey.
    For a lot less, the CFO is classy.

How about a J. Austin Forbes "Thistle" made just to be paired with bamboo.
    http://www.jaustinforbes.com/Thisgyp.gif
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

+ Reply to Thread