+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Prayer for Shadow

Blog Entries

Default A Prayer for Shadow

Please give a little prayer for my Black Lab Shadow. He was My pal and my best friend. He got sick quite suddenly last week, the first time he had ever been sick, he was only 6 years old.
    Surgery early this week determined that he had terminal lukeimea . Yesterday I was forced to make the hardest decision of my life. In the best intrests of my buddy I had to do what was right. He has always done right by me. I could not desert him to be alone in the end. We sat on the floor played a bit then he received an injection, laid his head on my lap and was gone. He is resting peacefully now under the peach tree in the back yard. His favorite toy is by his side.
    I have never had a better friend than Shadow and will miss him terribly.
    I believe dogs and cats were put on the earth to be man's companions and as such I am confident He is waiting eagerly for me to join him so we can play ball once again.

I thank you for your prayers.
    Roger.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Blog Entries

Sorry, my friend. Nobody ever dies as long as they are in people's memories, tho.

Dennis

Hey Roger,

You've unwillingly joined the ranks of many of us here, who've also had to part with our special friends and loyal companions in the same grueling manner.

There are no words that describe the anguish and emptiness that replace their abscense. We know and feel your pain brother.

How appropriate a name as Shadow, because I believe that's exactly what he's doing right now; shadowing your every step.

We will be keeping you and Shadow in our prayers.

Peace be with you,

Terry

"The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

GBF,
    There are tougher decisions I'm sure, none of which come to mind at the moment. I'm very sorry for the loss of your pal.

Mark

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I know Shadow will live on in your heart.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Roger,

I will only echo what Terry said so well...I am one of the "we".

Having experienced the same thing (less the luekemia) with my good buddy "Tubbs" and I know your pain. My hat certainly goes off to you. Sitting with them during those last few moments is indeed one of the hardest things a man can do. Those are some of the memories that will always feel like they were "yesterday."
    Leave No Trace

Dear Roger,

I'm sorry to hear about Shadow. I'm also one who knows what it's like to have to put your best friend down and I feel for you.

Sincerely,
    Avalon

Sorry Roger,
    Done.
    No words help. Time and the next "companion" seem to distract, in the very best sense, but not eliminate.
    We too are waiting for our "next buddy".
    ....lee s.

Roger,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you, as I know how hard that decision is. My prayers are with you.
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread