+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Simms Waders

Default Simms Waders

Just curious what owners of the L2 waders have to say.Is the gore-tex worth the extra 50.00 over the Freestones.
    Thanks for your replies.
    Rich

I don't have the L2's. But I do have a pair of the original lightweights that are gore tex. I like them a lot. They are the only waders I've had to make it through more than one season. My wife has the freestones and they are pretty darned good too. I don't see any big differences in breathability, fit, etc.

My .02 worth is that if you fish quite a bit I would spring the extra $$ for the L2's. I would bet that the gore tex is more durable. That's how we figured it - I fish a lot more than my better half does.

Greg

i have L2s, and lightweights, and classic guides and g3s, and they're all great. don't know about the freestones, tho i have heard the pinhole leaks heal themselves to a degree with the freestones.

Hi Rich,

I have had the L2's since June 2006 and I really like them. I've used them Summer and Winter, in fresh water and salt. They're good and breathable. I think the Gore-Tex makes a real difference, when compared to the Orvis and Cabela's non-Gore-Tex breathables I used to own. I can't compare the L2's to the Freestones.

Karl

Bought my L2's last April after my old neoprenes contributed to a dunking. Since then I've probably worn them at least 40 times. No issues whatsoever. Wore them in saltwater this weekend with no issues. Love these waders.

Thanks for the input guys.
    I went and purchased the L2's and Freestone boots. Hopefully I don't have any issues with them.I only make it down to fish probably 20-25 times a year.So therefore they should last me quite a while since I don't get to use them a lot.Plus I don't have to go through any brush to get to the streams that I fish.
    Thanks again...
    Rich

+ Reply to Thread