+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clouser/Lefty Half & Halfs ???

Yea, my original question related to Half & Half's like this one: http://www.clouserflyfishing.com/cloushalandh.html

I had tied one and wondered why no one talks about these . . . It looks like a killer bass fly for those of use in the middle of the country with no salt action.

wayne
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

I think I started it when I mentioned Clouser minnows. Sorry about that. The half and halfs, clousers, and deceiver patterns is what I use the most for bass and pike. I seldom fish any salt water, and I fish a lot of salt patterns in general. But The half and halfs are great flies no matter how you look at it.

Is the weighted head a crucial part of the clouser pattern? I tie alot of clousers for sacalait but like to fish them unweighted, suspended under the surface, and just sub in plastic beads or a lump of darker colored material for the eye area. I guess its still a clouser?

Quote Originally Posted by louisianajeff
    Is the weighted head a crucial part of the clouser pattern? I tie alot of clousers for sacalait but like to fish them unweighted, suspended under the surface, and just sub in plastic beads or a lump of darker colored material for the eye area. I guess its still a clouser?
    Now I am no expert, but I think the weighted eye is part of the clouser pattern. I would suspect that what your are using has a different name. But . . .

Who cares what it's called as long as you like catching fish with it?

wayne
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

About a year ago Field and Stream gave the Clouser Deep Minnow the title, The One Fly.

You are right that people do not say much about the Clouser family of flies. Maybe they are such a staple that we just assume...

Nice tie there. It is a great book, too. Too many flies, too little time.
    Bear742

+ Reply to Thread