+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really Off Topic....Anyone own a Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute

Default Really Off Topic....Anyone own a Ford Escape/Mazda Tribute

I have officially had it with my car. In less than a year I've put about as much money into fixing it as its worth. I love it, but its time to move on...assuming I eventually get it back from the shop.

Anyone own a Ford Escape or Mazda Tribute (they are basically the same except for the body)? I've been looking at them all week. Do you like it? What don't you like about it? The big question Does it actually get the gas mileage it claims to (about 24/29 for the manual and 20/25 automatic)?

Sorry if this is a bit too off topic (although it will be bringing me to all future fishing destinations ) I would definitely be interested in any feedback.

Dear Gburg,

Dotman has a Ford Escape and I've never heard him complain about it so hopefully he will chime in with a report.

Another buddy has a Mazda pick-up and a Tribute and except for the propensity for the Tribute to find deer alongside the road to hit while his wife is driving it he has been happy with both vehicles.

He's not a fly fisher so it's doubtful that he would see this message and reply, but I do know he likes his vehicles.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Don't own an Escape, but we've had several here as fleet vehicles and I've driven them all. At first, I really liked them. They drive well, are comfortable and from what I can tell by talking to the vehicle dispatcher, they weren't prone to breaking down. I was looking at them before I ultimately decided on a Nissan Xterra. The Escape isn't a bad vehicle at all.

I will drive my flashy new red Chrysler Sebring Convertable to the CW fish in. Buy one instead.

Default Tribute

I own a 2001 Mazda Trbute purchased new. It now has 71,000 miles. I've had to replace tires at 40,000 miles and a battery last week. There have been a few recalls to have parts replaced. It has been awhile since I checked the milage but it was getting just under 25 last Summer, the last time I checked. I love it for in town driving but don't especially like it for long trips because I think the seat is too small compared to my Chevy pick up. It has a very sporty feel to it, fast accelelration and quick handeling. It will only haul 4 adults in comfort.

Would I buy another, I probably wouldn't just because of the seat, but my wife loves the thing and will drive it until it quits. I prefer my pick up and the mileage isn't that different.

Duncan

Didn't own it but drove an Escape for 21/2 years. I didn't like the seat or leg room much either. Mechanically it never had a problem. My father in-law bought it from my company and is still driving it. he seems to like it well enough. Mileage was about 23 mpg all around. It was the base model 6 cyl. (corporate lease). I agree with everything Duncan said about it. Including not buying one. My .02
    Rich
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

Again..I haven't owned one, but know many people who have and the conscensus seems to be that these cars are lemons about 0% of the time. It really seems to be a bit of a crap-shoot in terms of whether you will get a good car. I don't know if Ford got a few bad batches of parts, or if the old wives tale of not buying a car built on Monday or Friday is holding true, but if it were me, I don't think I like the 50-50 odds of getting a lemon.

Just my $0.02

I have an 02 Escape and it has around 85,000 miles on it, no major problems to date. Runs well, plenty of pep, if you drive sensibly you will get close to the milage rating. Plenty of room for a buddy and gear for two. Back seat does not have a lot of leg room. Drives well in the snow. Now if I can get another 3 or 4 years out of it then it will have been a very good buy. I would buy another.

Dot
    Dream the Life ~ Live the Dream

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

I have a 06 escape fwd 4 banger with the 5speed it gets good mileage around 25/30 in the summer.
    I wish it was 2-5inches longer in the cargo compartment so when I lay down the seats I could crash out. Being 5'8'' Ihave to lay diagnoly.

Lets hijack this non-flyfishing thread and switch it from those crummy ford things to fantastic little red Sebring rag-tops! "Go Castwell!!!" "WHEEE,,,

+ Reply to Thread