+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: H&H Wholesale Orders

Default H&H Wholesale Orders

Anybody else having problems with wholesale orders from Hook & Hackle? Ever since Bob sold the business I have had problems with every order, e.g., wrong item(s) sent, frequent backorders, delayed shipping, you name it...it happens.

Have you personally discussed your problem with Ron at H&H? He seems to resolve problems well.

http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/view ... hp?t=16666
    http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/view ... hp?t=16363
    Nothing in your profile... ??
    What country are you in? Time zone? Continent? Have you ever contacted them? If it is always so bad,,, why do you still order from them? This does not make sense.

I met Ron at the PWWTU show in Pittsburgh, PA last Sunday and had an opportunity to talk with him, as did Ohiotuber. The transition of moving $250,000.00 worth of inventory, setting up a warehouse to house it in, establishing an order picking system, learning the computer system, training new employees (who we also met at the show, and are dedicated to H&H success), keeping the website current, selecting weekly specials for the website and the myriad other tasks that go along with owning and managing a business that provides good quality at very affordable prices, proved to be a bigger job for Ron than anticipated. I placed an order for three rod kits on Super Bowl Sunday, and it was taking longer than expected to receive them. I called and talked to Ron who explained what the problem was (cork supplier), and he offered to do a partial shipment. Well, rod kits are useless if you don't have handles, so I just waited until he got them in, and ultimately I got my order.

The situation in a nutshell is that they moved, which most of us knew about, and we need to cut them some slack while they get organized. Because they provide such good pricing, they are swamped with orders and are doing their best to get them through the system and into the hands of customers as quickly and accurately as possible. That's going to take a little time, but Ron assured us that they are getting better every day. When a problem arises, you need to CALL H&H to work it out with them directly, and not trash them on this forum unless they deserve it, which they don't. Sometime asking LF or JC to intervene might be helpful if you cannot resolve an issue with a sponsor, but my guess is that a phone call would resolve any problems we might have. That's only fair to Ron, because nobody else can solve the problem, especially us.

I'm please with the way he resolved the issues related to my last order, and I will continue to do business with him because of that.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Dear RatherBfishin,

It is my understanding that the sale of Hook and Hackle and subsequent move to Pittsburgh took place approximately one year ago?

When does it become reasonable to expect that the growing pains and problems associated with the move be corrected?

I have to wonder sometimes if Hook and Hackle had been a start up business one year ago if they would even still be in business today based on some of the stories about slow shipping, poor communication, and incorrect orders that I have read about here on FAOL and other message boards? Frankly, those stories have pretty much scared me away from doing business with Hook and Hackle.

I have been making telephone, internet, and mail order purchases for about 35 years and I don't have a single horror story to relay about an order I have placed with any business over that time. The two or three times when something did go slightly wrong it was always promptly and professionally corrected within a matter of a few days. That is how a business should be run in my opinion.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

I think that Avalon makes a good point. Everyone needs and deserves a little slack once in a while but 15 months....... 8T

Call 'em. I was up in arms a few months ago over some cork grips (ultra fine); I wanted some, they list them, couldn't get them from their supplier, back ordered to me. I called, spoke with Ron, he couldn't get them from his supplier (because there are so few people that want to use that particular grip, and the supplier wanted to send them in 5000 multiples!), but he could special order the Streubles in the size I wanted, although they cost more. He got my OK, they were ordered, and within days I had, not only my order, but somewhere I knew I'd be able to order others later! Some times the spoken word, spoken clearly and nicely, will work wonders!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I'm really surprised to hear others have had problems.

Not quite two weeks ago I ordered a 6-wt. line for that 40-year-old fiberglass rod I wrote about here recently. The line arrived on the sixth working day following my internet order, BUT WE HAD NO MAIL SERVICE ON DAYS THREE, FOUR, AND FIVE BECAUSE OF A BLIZZARD HERE! My only previous business with them was a rod kit last winter, and I was equally pleased by their prompt service at that time.

I wouldn't hesitate to do business with them again or to recommend them to my friends.

I place an order with H&H about once a year for the last 4 years and have always had good service. I sent them an order in January of this year and it might have taken a little longer but that was no big deal. There were a couple small items back ordered and one 1/2 saddle that wasn't even listed. I e-mailed Ron and he suggested that I call him to make very sure what I wanted. It did seem a little difficult to reach him by phone, as I had to leave a message with what I took to be a service, and he did call me back the next day and we worked it all out as well as some small money things because I had taken the discount on a couple things that it didn't apply to. Any way I sent him another E-mail Monday about the missing items and I was told that they were in and would ship this week sometime, which was ok because I had told him to hold on till everything was there rather than ship twice. Ron seems like a nice guy who wants to help us all as much as he can. The learning curve for something like this must be huge and 12 or 15 months just begins to scratch the surface. If a year from now there are the same complaints or worse then we might need to reconsider our ordering, but for now I will continue to give him business. because even Cabelas messes up some of my orders.

Folks,
    Do you all understand what "backorder" means?
    They can't sell (ship) what they don't have on hand...They are waiting too.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

+ Reply to Thread