+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Action Optics Warranty?

Palm Bay, Florida/Rock River Wyoming, USA

Good points all. My take on AOs are the are superb glasses. So good, in fact, that I picked up two or three pairs from ebay when they wouldn't help me with broken frames. To explain a bit I like the pilot style frames, preferrably Tortoise and in the standard AO Brown but the frames cracked at the top unexplainably a year or so after I got them. I called and found they couldn't repair or replace as they, like so many of the glasses folks, keep switching frames and models thereby leaving some of us out in the cold. Were I them, I would have at least kept track of who is making that frame still and passed that alone. The style in my case is very popular still among many other glasses and frame makers.

I may give them another call as I was one of their best salesmen for a few years there, while working with fly shops and on the stream.
    Good Fishing,

Chuck S (der Aulte Jaeger)

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

I have the Guides Choice in photo copper, I where them all day until dark and have no problem with the glasses getting to dark in the evening. I have had them for 2 years and would'nt trade them for anything! Can't help you with the warranty, I treat them like gold and have not had any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S
    Good points all. My take on AOs are the are superb glasses. So good, in fact, that I picked up two or three pairs from ebay when they wouldn't help me with broken frames. To explain a bit I like the pilot style frames, preferrably Tortoise and in the standard AO Brown but the frames cracked at the top unexplainably a year or so after I got them. I called and found they couldn't repair or replace as they, like so many of the glasses folks, keep switching frames and models thereby leaving some of us out in the cold. Were I them, I would have at least kept track of who is making that frame still and passed that alone. The style in my case is very popular still among many other glasses and frame makers.

I may give them another call as I was one of their best salesmen for a few years there, while working with fly shops and on the stream.

That is weird, mine being 6 years old, was no longer in production either. She told me this over the phone, then said they would replace with something as close to that frame as possible. Personally I can't see any difference, but I don't have the old ones to compare them to. Mine are the Tortoise frame also with Bronze/brown lenses.

AO replaced my glasses with a newer model when the previous one was discontinued too.

+ Reply to Thread