+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Graphite Rod Ticking

1. Default Graphite Rod Ticking

Hiya, I was wondering if anyone has heard of this before. I have recently bought a Sage SLT 4 piece and have an odd problem. There is a ticking noise coming from the ferrules of the rod It is intermittent in nature, sometimes when I put
    the rod together the noise will not be there and other times it will.I have even tried just waggling the two top sections and I can
    definitely hear it. I can reproduce the noise without the top section in place as well so it happens with the ferrule between the first two
    sections too- I thought it might be the top section and the noise was vibrating down the rod but it still happens. Sometimes the noise is
    loud and noticeable and other times it is faint. Sage advised me to clean all the wax out as it might have been a wax build up but that has not helped.

Any Ideas or have you experienced anything similar ?

Is it a new rod aliferste?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

3. Default

It is a new rod and the problem has now been solved. IT turned out it was a build up of wax in the top ferrule - once this was all cleaned out the noise stopped.
    Seemingly it is a common problem !

Thanks for replying !

Glad you got it taken care of ! I presume this to be wax from operator application for ease of assembling the rod sections?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

5. Default

Correct, I have since found out it is a common issue with sage rods. Very strange !

Interesting...I wonder if anyone else knows about this on here..I have 4 Sage rods and I don't ever remember them doing what you describe. I wonder if you're going overboard with the wax, because it really doesn't take much to help the sections fit together smoothly. When I apply some to the ferrule you can't even see it usually...just a couple of light swipes 180 degrees apart and I'm done.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

+ Reply to Thread