+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clouser/Lefty Half & Halfs ???

Default Clouser/Lefty Half & Halfs ???

Anyone use them? I don't see any discussion on any boards I frequent. I bought Clouser's Flies the other day. I followed the instructions in there for the Half & Half and it came out nice. It sure is a big meaty fly. I tied it to have a larger fly with my in addition to my #4 Clouser Minnows. This #1 Half & Half is a large fly. There are some Stripers and Hybrids that run along with our White Bass. I try to fish the White Bass run alot and would like to try and target some of the larger fish. Hopefully the theory of big lures for big fish will let me try for a couple big fish. If not, I'll use them with my 9 wt for LMB this summer.

It's tied on a #1 Mustad 3366.

----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

good lookin'

NiceFly ! I tie and use a lot of clousers for smallmouth in our local river. I use the mustad 34007 saltwater hooks in sizes 4 to 2/0. There are also pike and musky, so you never can be sure what you end up hooking. I also tie up deceivers in the same sizes. Good luck gettin the big un !

Very nice tie. Half & Half is a great fly for false albacore - we used 3/0 chart. & chart./white like yours when casting behind trawlers that were dumping by-catch.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly1
    NiceFly ! I tie and use a lot of clousers for smallmouth in our local river. I use the mustad 34007 saltwater hooks in sizes 4 to 2/0. There are also pike and musky, so you never can be sure what you end up hooking. I also tie up deceivers in the same sizes. Good luck gettin the big un !
    Do you get Smallies on the 2/0's?

wayne
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

yeah sometimes, But I'm usually throwing them for the pike when the smallies pick them up. But it is not that often.

The half and half is deadly in the salt. Had a lot of takes from Roosterfosh using them. Blue over white and green over white.

waynep...Nice tie. Clousers are great patterns. The traditional pattern calls for bucktail. I like to use Deadly Dazzle Hair for something different. No need to limit yourself to the big ones You can tie up some small Clousers also. I've used them for bluegill, bass and trout. An all round excellent fly!

Enjoy!

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default Clousers

You can't hardly go wrong with clousers. I tie them all the way down to a size 10 streamer for crappie. I like to use marabou on them. I have never failed to catch something when using any Clouser pattern.

Semper Fi!

Just to be very clear-the Half & Half is not a Clouser minnow-right? It is 1/2 Clouser Minnow and 1/2 Lefty's Deceiver. It has a matched hackle tail with the addition of Clouser Minnow style weighted eyes.

Just making sure that "Half-Ceivers" is what I am commenting on above.

Rich

+ Reply to Thread