+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Caution Wal-Mart Shoppers

Default Caution Wal-Mart Shoppers

Went to Wally to see what was marked down. Trolling motors. Bought two.....a large and a small. Got home, no instructions in one, nor registration card, etc. The other had no transmon mount! Wally will take anything that has been returned and not even check it. I think someone needed a transom mount and bought this, took off the mount and then returned it. Wal-Mart will put anything on a shelf to sell. Like a flea market. Just because it is in a closed box that says Minn-Kota doesn't mean you just bought a brand new motor.....which is typical of what ones thinking is. Sometimes you buy by brand name and a sense of trust that it is a good product. I thought I was getting a good, brand new trolling motor in brand new unused condition, straight from the factory. Not so. Neither one of the trolling motors had never been touched. Boaf been out of the box, gawd knows what then, and put back in the box and sold. Someone else may have already had it and abused it. Check your expensive stuff closely before you leave the store.

Blog Entries

You didn't say if you took them back and what was the stores reaction. In my experience Wal Mart has been really good about correcting things like this.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Normand Guest

Default Re: Caution Wal-Mart Shoppers

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod
    Went to Wally to see what was marked down. Trolling motors. Bought two.....a large and a small. Got home, no instructions in one, nor registration card, etc. The other had no transmon mount! Wally will take anything that has been returned and not even check it. I think someone needed a transom mount and bought this, took off the mount and then returned it. Wal-Mart will put anything on a shelf to sell. Like a flea market. Just because it is in a closed box that says Minn-Kota doesn't mean you just bought a brand new motor.....which is typical of what ones thinking is. Sometimes you buy by brand name and a sense of trust that it is a good product. I thought I was getting a good, brand new trolling motor in brand new unused condition, straight from the factory. Not so. Neither one of the trolling motors had never been touched. Boaf been out of the box, gawd knows what then, and put back in the box and sold. Someone else may have already had it and abused it. Check your expensive stuff closely before you leave the store.
    I can see walmart being somewhat at fault but didn't YOU open or check out the box/package that item was in before you bought it or took it home? Did you ask an associate to open the box for you? Seems to me you purchased something marked down and as is.

Just a thought!

Geeeze. What you guys jumping on ME for? ME was not the subject of the post. I was just trying to caution and help others. Thanks a lot for the zingers. Wow! You guys feel better now? Go smoke something. I won't be doing this again. All you get is shot at.

Blog Entries

"I can see walmart being somewhat at fault but didn't YOU open or check out the box/package that item was in before you bought it or took it home? "

Gemrod bought two items sold as New at a retail establishment, He shouldnt have to open and check the boxs. Walmart isnt a damaged goods outlet or a seconds store." The Items you buy should be there in new working condition. I also have purchased equipment at walmart that was not on sale that had obviously been returned for reason.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Oh goodie! Now we can have a nice fight about whether or not to post warnings about places and products. If getting shot at is worth it or not. If trying to warn others so it doesn't happen to them is worth taking zingers for being a jerk and not checking everything at the store. Fun stuff! Lets get it on! Who wants to be next to rip somebody for something? Go for it.

A while back I went to W-M and bought a pair of sneakers. When I went to checkout the clerk opened the box and I jokenly said "afraid I might be trying to hide something in the box? Her reply was somewhat startling - - "No, not that, but we have a lot of people who switch sizes because one foot is bigger than the other".

Consider yourself warned

Tim

Your are correct Eric. They were displayed and sold as new items. They were not displayed and sold "as is". For example at Best Buy this item would have been sold at a discount as an "open item"....and still have a warranty....not even then as a product "as is". The Wal-Mart product was sold representing a brand new in the box item from Minn-Kota. I did not say do not shop at Wal-Mart. I obviously did and will continute to do so. I just warned others to check you box before you leave. Did I? No. I don't suppose any of you have had a very long long tiring day and have purchased your groceries and just have happened upoon a sale item...and trusted it to be as represented. purchased it along with your items and went home with it. Course not. You guys are all to smart for that.

JC...would you please just delete this thread? You don't need negatives like this on this great website.

Thanks

Doesn't help my morale today...to have had a wreck on the freeway last night coming home from a rod building class....and get a ticket. I think there are unavoidable accidents but won't go into detail. Let's just say I will be eating cereal with grape juice a bit longer cause I can't afford a quart of milk. I will have to pay a fine, $120 for a class, and damages or a deductible. There goes the cheapo treadmill I was going to buy at Wal Mart for my back re-hab from surgery and having metal put in. Perhaps I can get gas on credit to go up and see my ailing wife at our daughters house.

Blog Entries

Gemrod sorry if my post looked negative I sure didn't mean it to be . I am on your side.
    I was just asking if Walmart made it right for you. If a box has obviously been opened and re-taped I will check it at the store but if it looks untampered with I just take it home confident that everything in the box is as advertised. Missing parts even on sale items should be pointed out with a sticker or tag on the box saying exactly what is wrong.
    Ps I PM'd You.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Normand Guest

gemrod and others

My post was not intended to slam gemrod as others are accusing me of doing. It was worded in the form of a question as to whether or not he opened the box or had an associate open the box to ensure all the item that were supposed to be in the box were there. After all it is a somewhat large monetary purchase and I would expect that all things be right with the purchase before I got home and had to make return trips to get it rectified. You never mentioned the items as being "new" so I assumed they were marked down (because you said they were marked down) and "as is", just as you assumed that they were purchased by someone else and they stole the parts out of the box.

So for that I apologize and hope walmart makes good on your recent and future purchases.

+ Reply to Thread