+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dishonest member

Default dishonest member

Hi folks, just thought I would make you aware of a dishonest member. Jamie Webb "mcmutt" who does his best dealing here in the chat room, sold me on a fly last year. He cashed my check in July. I never saw the fly.
    I ran into him in the chat room last December, he told me he had lost my address, gave me an email to send it to and I did.
    Late January of this year, he was in the chat room again. In the chat he told me he had finally "found" the fly, and would be sending it to me plus a full refund.
    As of this date, no fly, no refund.

My feelings are that this guy is a fraud. Selling flys that he has tied and claiming that they are tied by others.
    I would recomend that you avoid dealing with Jamie, as I have found him to be a liar and dishonest.

Z

Thanks for the heads up, Z!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default Dishonest Member

There's another one. We made a deal for $150 last November and still nothing. This is March '07! He has never provided me his normal e-mail address. Just PM's. I shall PM him one time and if nothing I will disclose his full name, address, and wherabouts.

That's pretty cheesy to cheat me out of that money at Christmas time.....and out of a gift for someone.

Gemrod? If you didn't receive what you paid for it is fraud and the Postal Inspector will prosecute if any of the arrangements were by mail. Usually the local Sherrif's Department will help too. Please post the name here, and if you have address, phone number let ME know and I'll follow up.

Default Dishonest Member

Thank You LF.

I hadn't thought of those alternatives. Hasn't been my highest priority for awhile.

I sent him a PM last night telling him in 15 days if nothing I am going to take action. I must now wait. If he doesn't respond I will mail you the few PM's showing his little interest. He never even questioned that I didn't receive the reel. Just said he would send a cashier's check. Wonder how many times he has sold the reel and never sent it out? He's got a money maker there. But he will regret it. He is listed as a realtor no less. I think this episode will affect his credibility as a realtor in his town when the news gets there.

Thank You again LF. Will let you know the prognosis.

Post it up, Jim! In bold type!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Wow, I find this shocking. I have seen a number of the beautiful fully dressed Atlantic Salmon flies that mcmutt has shown us. They are beautiful, I'm stunned that he is not honest in selling these, what a shame.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

I checked out his posts...I would have trusted him too

"Forget injuries, never forget kindnesses. "
    Author:Confucius

Is it possibl this person may come forth and redem him/her self?

Default Dishonest Member

Jonezee?
    How many more months do you think I should wait?

+ Reply to Thread