+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery pack for Bottom Line Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Robert,
    Looks like they are both 9* cones...you were satisfied with it being that narrow?
    Also do you think the one you don't have operates on AA batteries too?
    I use mine for the same reasons that Avalon does, temperature, bottom structure, and depth, mostly. I don't use it to find fish much so I really don't need the side scan. Case in point, I've had days where fish would be on the screen and didn't catch even one while I've had days that no fish were on the screen and caught a lot of fish. Just because the unit detects some fish doesn't mean that I'm going to catch any. So I don't use the sonar unit as a "fish finder", more of a temperature, bottom structure, and depth finder. If I find bottom structure and mark some fish at a certain depth, then I'm probably more likely to catch fish around that structure and maybe at that depth. The surface water temperature might give me an idea of the behavior and location of the fish depending on the time of year or season.

Don't know but the review stated it uses a 12V battery pack. I suppose as long as the source is 12V, it should work. My current unit has a self-contained (6)AA battery unit. I would like a very small battery pack similar to the one on my current unit if possible, that is if I were to get the one on sale.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Is this the one you folks are talking about?

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates ... &noImage=0
    So ...anyone ....is this the one I should get for the tournament model?...sorry to be so dense I just don't want to get one that won't work

I would first get the unit, then get the power source the unit recommends. Some folks like Bottomline and some folks don't. I do like them for my purposes (I don't need a more expensive or complex unit), at least the unit I have before the plug got damaged. Here is a thread link below that talks about the particular unit that is on sale, Phil. One fellow has one and loves it (shows a picture of his set-up) but other folks don't like them. Maybe you could e-mail this fellow that has one, Phil. Best of luck.

[url=http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=34370:41958]Anybody use Bottomline fishfinders?[/url:41958]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

I prefer the arches and the little fish. The arches seem to be more reliable.
    As the reat have said, I use mine to see bottom structure, but, I also want to see fish and know where they are holding, specially when deep nymphing. If they are 1' or 3' off the bottom, I need to know that. Doesn't mean they will take what I have to offer, but it will put me in the ZONE. I once saw a fish at 15' deep right next to my brother, so I looked at him and said, "Watch this" kidding around, I had Type II that I had let a lot of line out, cruised past him then started to strip and BAMB! "Fish On". Had him convinced that I could target fish.....I know it was just luck
    Check out this COLOR sonar: Humminbird 343c Fish Finder Combo

+ Reply to Thread