+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery pack for Bottom Line Sonar

Default Battery pack for Bottom Line Sonar

I'm thinking of getting one of those Bottom Line 1101 Sonar units that was mentioned on another thread. What power source exactly does anyone use and where to get it?

Default Re: Battery pack for Bottom Line Sonar

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    I'm thinking of getting one of those Bottom Line 1101 Sonar units that was mentioned on another thread. What power source exactly does anyone use and where to get it?
    I use a 12volt Rechargeable (not gel) You can get them at Cabela's and a recharger.
    They are about 6" long by 4 inches wide by 4inches deep. I can usually get a weekend or more out of one. You could also check Home Security Batteries. I know mine is 12volt.
    They are a little heavy, but nothing close to a Big Battery.

What about a motorcycle or an ATV battery.

As long as it is a 12 volt, I guess you could. But they weigh a lot more then what I am talking about, plus the rechargeables are around $20.

Dear ducksterman,

If all you are going to do is run a sonar listen to Fly Goddess. You can get two of those Cabela's 12VDC rechargeable batteries and a trickle charger for about $ 35.00. Keep one battery on the charger and use the other battery till dead and then put it on the charger and you will always have power.

That's a great deal on that sonar at Cabela's BTW.

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Avalon...does seem like a good deal....I'm a little concerned about it only being 9* cone though.

Is this the one you folks are talking about?

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates ... &noImage=0

Quote Originally Posted by ducksterman
    Avalon...does seem like a good deal....I'm a little concerned about it only being 9* cone though.
    Dear ducksterman,

Yeah, I can see where that could be a concern. I have an older Hummingbird Wide-Eye that has a dual beam 20/60 degree cone that I like, but a lot depends on what you want your fishfinder to do?

I use mine to see the bottom contours, weedbeds, and other structure. I don't use it to mark fish and say, "Oh, there is one I can catch!" I try to do that sometimes but it never works out right!

I know the fish are there with or without the finder, I just want to see how the fish orient to the bottom structure. I don't have GPS, but I try to file the good spots away in my "mental GPS" for future reference.

For doing "orienteering work" it would be hard to find something better for $ 40.00 in my opinion. If it doesn't do all you want it to do after using it for a while just buy a better one on close-out next season, you should be able to find one with a wider cone angle for under $ 100.00 next Spring.

Here is a nice Hummingbird Piranha with a dual beam transducer for $ 89.00 with a rebate if you don't want to wait.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog. ... rchResults

Best Wishes,
    Avalon

Default FB 1101

Hey Phil,

I've got one of these and it has given good service but have had a problem with the plug that goes into the jack on the back of the screen unit (the plug got damaged somehow I think):

[url=http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602025-cat601356_TGP&id=0012236016552a&navCount=3&podId=0 012236&parentId=cat601356&masterpathid=&navAction= push&catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId= cat601356:10020]Portable Bottomline Fishin' Buddy 1101[/url:10020]

But I have to admit, this one is a good deal while it lasts (I've been thinking about this one also ):

[url=http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat602025-cat602011&id=0039706015715a&navCount=7&podId=00397 06&parentId=cat602011&masterpathid=&navAction=push &catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat6 02011:10020]Bottom Line Tournament 1101 Sonar[/url:10020]
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Robert,
    Looks like they are both 9* cones...you were satisfied with it being that narrow?

Also do you think the one you don't have operates on AA batteries too?

+ Reply to Thread