+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of our Sponsors have you supported?

Default How many of our Sponsors have you supported?

I just placed an order to Hook & Hackle last night, & it got me to thinking about how many of our Sponsors I have supported. My count is at 27, & I am determined to add more. I also have to say that I have been well pleased in every aspect from service to manufactured products. I urge all new (AND old) members to check out the FAOL Sponsors....my experience has been that you can't go wrong with utilizing them. These are companies you can depend upon for quality & fairness.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Default 35

tuber - when I saw your note, my 1st thought was 'Holy Cow - how can a ffisher rack up so many sponsors to his/her supplier list?'

So I pulled up the Sponsor board and counted 35! Kinda sneaks up on ya, huh? Must have been having so much fun that I didn't keep count the way I usually do with everything else.

I must say that all of my experiences with the Sponsors have been uniformly excellent, without exception. JC and LF put a lot of due diligence into partnering with whomever they invite to be a Sponsor.

In some cases, being on the Sponsor list has swung my decision. For instance, when I was looking for a new pair of polarized glasses, I was tempted by the huge selection of companies and technologies out there, but when I realized Action Optics was a Sponsor, I quit ananlyzing the market and targeted them specifically, although I had to put off buying the pair I wanted until I found them in a shop on the other side of the country when I was there visiting.

Lately, when I am looking for a toy or complete necessity, I start by trolling the Sponsor page. In one case (actually 3) I was unaware of a rod company that became a Sponsor, so I made a trip to a shop I usually don't visit when I found out they stocked the goodies. I went out of curiosity, not even thinking I needed a rod ('cause I really don't) but liked them so much that I bought 3. Oh well, it was near Christmas - within 6 months anyway.

I've targeted Jake's Grill for the next time I get to Portland.

tl
    les

I didn't even know who the sponsors were, and I have 15.

Blog Entries

Five

Oops! re-count.... Eleven.... after I cruised thru the Sponsors page.

Make that Thirteen I almost forgot about buying from Denny at the fish-in and the Yosemite finger stuff.

I have to agree with you that each and every one of the Sponsors on here have treated me very well.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

6 here. Only somewhat disappointed by one of them, but that appears to be working out.

Only 22, but excellent experiences from all.

Yikes! 32 of 'em for me. And every single one has been top notch. Someone's looking out for us. Next on my list is:

http://www.fly-tying-desks-by-charles.com/

I've seen their work first hand and talked to them for a couple of years at the Somerset NJ show. You cannot believe the quality of their work - pictures do not do it justice.

I buy almost everything from my local fly shops, but I do support/order from several sponsors here when I find a gap in what the locals can supply me. Without looking, I know I've bought from a half dozen or so. And I also buy a lot from the fly shops that is made by sponsors here.

So far i have used 14 sponcers and i can say i have had very positave results. I hope that they all stay on board in the future. Chuck

My count is only 28 of the listed sponsors.

Regards,
    FK

+ Reply to Thread