+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Muskrat

Quote Originally Posted by rookie
    I love the posts guys. Betty, that was beautiful.

I however, must come clean. I was only removing some fur from a muskrat pelt that had been given to me. In lieu of some recent posts, I thought a little humour was in order. While removing the fur, I invisioned a face looking at me with teeth bareing, hence the post.
    You certainly fooled me! Those musky rats look dangerous! I hope you don't need any moose hair!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

One morning in Powers Oregon I was on a scout campout, it was early(0530), (once the scouts get up the scoutmaster has little time to fish.)it had rained off and on over night, there was a light fog on the pond I quietly watched as a family of ducks swam by then a muskrat swam by about 5 feet from me, I was realy enjoying the Nature thing......Just then a stupid trout took the power bait I was using(Ive changed my ways) and with a flip of the tail the rat disapeared. Thus ruining a wonderful scene but providing a wonderful breakfast.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

My dad used to trap every winter to pay the property taxes on our house. He still has a nasty scar on right hand where he grabbed a muskrat out of the water that he thought was drowned. Seems it was only caught a minute or so before he arrived and dragged under by the trap like that rig was supposed to do. It bit a big chunk out of the base of his thumb and was taking another when he was able to kill it. He was maddest about ruining a good pair of long trapping gloves. It took half a weeks trapping to make up the cost of new gloves.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

It sure sounds like a wise choice to get the fur from one of these creatures after it has expired. I don't need to loose any more fingers.
    Steve

+ Reply to Thread