+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slip clutch for rotary dryer??

Default Slip clutch for rotary dryer??

Several years past, I found an magazine article with a diagram on how to build a slip clutch for a rotary dryer but lost track of which magazine published same. The clutch is made out of 1" PVC pipe and several springs.

Appreciate anyone whose memory excells mine.

The foam that I use from a craft store doesn't need a clutch -- As the foam rotates I take the foam between two fingers and stop it long enough to add the flies. Let go and it turns again.

If I might ask, how are the flys being held in place? Clipped, impailed, or griped in some manner?
    Capt. Paul Darby Dont wait to be ask, get out and teach.

Mine are 6 inch craft store white disk foam. I drill a holein the foam disk and slide it on a rotating dowel. As the foam rotates I stick on the fly. Some I have seen are made with a wood disk with alligator clips. I think this must be stopped to add flies.

William, if you wish to send me an address Id like to send you a wheel of my own design that Ive been useing for many years. Its going to be debeued tomorrow to the public for the first time. As you took the time to answer my question, Id like to have you evaluate my efforts. From your post I feel you'l have no problem adapting it to your present set up, as by its very nature it's almost universily adaptable.
    Capt. Paul Darby Dont wait to be ask, get out and teach.

We use foam discs from the craft store too. Seems they wear very fast if we stop them to put flies on'em. We have been useing some all-thread two nuts, two rubber cups, one on either side of the disc (probably very much like the PVC and springs) and this allows us to stop the disc for sticking bugs in it while the shaft turns. Sometimes we impale the fly to the disc and sometimes we impale a gator clip with the fly in it to the disc because sometimes certain ties or hooks become loose in the foam.
    ....lee s.

+ Reply to Thread