+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $99 spey rod

1. Default $99 spey rod

For those in the Portland area, if you go to the flyfisherman show, Tica is having a show special on their spey rods. They are normally $150 but for the show they are $99. They also have a spey rod bundled with one of the large arbor reels for about $170. I know nothing about the spey rod, so try it out in one of the casting pools before you buy. I have no affiliation with Tica. This wont benefit my aquaintance because these show specials always sell out, so get there fast!

Also, Fetha Styx also has a really awesome looking rod that retails for $159 that you should try out if you are going to the show. It has a woven graphite reel seat so all models can be used in the salt. I have no affiliation with Fetha Styx either, it will probably also be on special but I dont know the price, maybe $125? I have never tried out a fetha styx rod but from what I hear they rival Sage.

And no, I most definitely do not work for fetha styx.

In fact, if you go to any of the 'shows' you will find these kind of deals. That is one of the reasons guys go to them!

That is, unless you go to the one in Dallas (at the same time as the one in Washington). They split the show in two (Dallas, TX and Bellvue, WA) last weekend and I think Dallas got the short end of the stick in regards to show specials. Fortunately, I didn't go for the show specials this year. . . I learned a good deal about Saltwater fly fishing on the Texas coast.

Sorry, guess I was wrong as usual.

I went to the Portland Flyfishing Show today for more than 3 hrs. I met the owner of The Dalles OR Fly Shop. The Shop is in a house.
    I met the owner of the Oregon Fishing Club. Lots of private water the club has access to.
    Saw Henry Hoffmann tying flies.
    Watched a Tyer from British Columbia, tying Spey Flies for Steelhead and Salmon. His hackle was RHEA from South America.
    OUTCAST Float Tubes look better than ever!
    Very good casting demonstrations! Didn't see JC!
    A lady Guide from Colorado that was affiliated with HYDE drift boats, selling women's flyfishing gear.
    I met a nice guy who Guides on the North Umpqua.
    Speaking of the North Umpqua! I was SUPPOSED to meet MontanaMoose at the show and I couldn't FIND him.
    The most important people I met at the show were Lance Kaufmann and Jerry Swanson of Kaufmann's Streamborn Fly Shop. They were there for me 33 years ago when I was learning about flyfishing (Tigard OR Shop)
    Lance Kaufmann told me that his brother Randall is writing a new book with 8,000 fly patterns. Sad to report Randall is living in Jackson Hole, WY. It must be ROUGH!
    HEY MOOSE! You were supposed to bring me LUNCH! I almost starved!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Sorry Doug, we went to the show in Seattle last weekend. Join us at the CW 'Fish-In.' You can help me with my back-cast...

As long as you don't stand alongside the road and Hitchhike!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

I just removed a post. It was 'way, way, tooooo commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by J Castwell
    Sorry, guess I was wrong as usual.

J.C. I think I can read you like a book, and a pretty good book it is too. Trust me, I feel for you.....sometimes no one seems to get it.

Doug, just found your post here...! I had TWO sammiches in the car ! Great show I thought...I liked the young guide from CO..he knew his stuff. Lots of great tyers, all the vendors. I sure liked the venue...not too huge, not too small. And I know that now you know where I was for three hours...shhh....don't tell !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

+ Reply to Thread