+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Friends of FAOL

Default Friends of FAOL

While sitting here this morning and going thru the BB, I got to thinking about all that JC and LF and all of the others here on the site provide for us and do for us. I felt shammed for not trying to help out also. I have just made a check out to FAOL to become a Friend of FAOL. That is about the least any of us can do to help out. With all of the free benefits and the friends we make here on the site it is a small thing to do to send this small check to try to help out. Thanks for what all of you do to make this the very bext site on the internet. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Blog Entries

bassman , right you are, good on ya!
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Thanks Bassman, the money is appreciated. Really. The 'Group' was organized so those who wanted to feel even more connected to, and a part of FAOL, would have a way to do so. To blatantly steal a line from a hero of mine, "Remember, we're all in this together; we're pullin' fer ya."

It is my pleasure to become part of such a great group. You are very welcome. Thanks to you all for providing me with this chance to join all of you. John

I want to say thanks to JC and LF. I received my patch and others items today. But thanks mostly for providing us with the best site on the internet. John

Bassman,

I'm with you brother! I couldn't resist any longer either. I've gotten way too much from the site not to make a more significant contribution to its ongoing success. While I felt under no pressure to step up and be a "Friend" it just seemed like the right thing to do. I've received more good advice and unsolicited tangible benefit from FAOL than any other web based platform I've been involved with or had access too.

Great people on here and none of the ugliness I've seen develop on so many other boards over trivial and inconsequential issues. The prevailing attitude is really about helping folks develop and grow in what ever area of interest they have as long as it relates to fly fishing. Just way too special to even articulate accurately.

While I'm not of the opinion any more recognition for this contribution is necessary would it be appropriate to suggest the designation of "Friend" be used in place of "Member" under our FAOL Handles? Just a thought to ponder.

JC and LF thanks again for the great site. Don't know what I'd do without it!
    Joe Bertolini

I agree with you 100% Joe. There is no way I could ever pay for all of the benefits I have received from FAOL. John

+ Reply to Thread