+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I had a good

Default I had a good

day. My local fly shop restocked so I now have someplace local to buy fly gear(line, leader,tying materials,hooks, oh so exciting). I got to spend time on the water, I showed up a baitcaster, I entertained a few people, may have even figured out 1 of the problems with my casting. Got to the pond, rigged up while watching the water and a baitcaster and his daughter. Proceeded to layout some line, a couple of false casts and then "splat" (are dry flies supposed to go splat?) Let me try that again, lift, a couple of false casts and another splat and a few seconds later "slurp". Hey my fly was just there,I bring the bluegill to shore reach for the pliers to remove the hook, but I'm shaking so bad I have to put him back in the water until I can relax. Finally get him off and watch him swim away and think "What is that feeling?" Stress leaving, smile forming on face (ouch). Then proceeded to cast again. In just a minute or so I hook a 199 pound land locked horned buffoon. Looks something like this

After getting untangled I cast again and hooked another bluegill, unfortunatly he took the fly very deep, so I let him have it
    (now I'm down to less than a dozen) tie on something different and proceeded to hook the buffoon 2 more times. Been playing with this fly fishing thing for 9 months and never hooked myself before. Oh well, I had a blast, those were the first fish since "The Snook" back in November. Is it possible that the only known naturally occuring source of VFR is running dry? More research is needed.

Land locked horned buffoon!! Oh that just gave me a much needed smile today!!

Now to go out and try to get onto some fish in the rain and high water

Brian

------------------
    [url=http://bowcrow.tripod.com:bc915]Bowcrow Fishing Adventures[/url:bc915]

Remember to pack the dental floss!
    Yeeoowwwie!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Swen,

Lol !!! Thank you.

Sounds like a pleasnt time AND Laughs.

(When we can't laugh at our selves from time to time, ... we're in need of help).

Killer week in office... Thanx

Brian, ... Send the rain here !!.. We got fires everywhere !!

------------------
    Christopher Chin
    Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:eb744]http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/[/url:eb744]
    Christopher Chin

Swen,
    In your case I would highly recommend barbless hooks as a necessity, not for the fish mind you, just to make releasing that horned buffoon easier. lol!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Swen, I would like to second papafsh's suggestion that you use a barbless hook. Trust me! You are definitely a barbless hook guy. BTW, you gave me my best laugh of the day. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

+ Reply to Thread