+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trout fishing in Scotland, UK.

Default Trout fishing in Scotland, UK.

Ok, after much hoopla and a lot more frustration, I'm finally here in Scotland. Well, actually, I've been here for four months, but far too busy learning to drive on the left side of the road without killing anyone to do any fishing.

Anyway, I had posted several months ago about my impending relocation and managed to make a few Scottish contacts. Unfortunately, in the move that contact list has evaporated. So....

Is there anyone on the BB who lives, works or frequently plays in Scotland and would be able to give me a primer on how to find trout here? I brought most of my gear with me, and would be interested in any species on moving or still water.

Fortunately, the weather has been fairly wet and cold these past few months, but I can feel Spring approaching and I'm beginning to get that "itch". Heck, I'd even love to chat with someone about the chalk streams down south near London. Eight hours driving to get to fish is not too far for me.

Hoping to find some new flyfishing buddies

Ed

shuured, I would start with an outfitters as lots of tickets to private water can be purchased from them plus they generaly have the low down on all the local fishing. Have a google search on Sharps of Aberdeen, I believe they are the biggest outfitter in Scotland and they should be able to put you on to some good fishing.
    Failing that ask at any pub or hotel that is close to a loch or river and they will often have day tickets available.
    Try another google for "fish wild" + Scotland
    All the best.
    Mike.
    p.s. here is the address for fish wild. http://www.fish-wild.co.uk/

hi shuured, I'm sure I talked to you before, moving to the edinburgh area I believe, so if you want to chat or even arrange a spot of fishing for the season, no problem

+ Reply to Thread