+ Reply to Thread

Thread: fly vest

Default fly vest

gander mtn., had vests on sale. bought it for kayak fishing. looking at it this morning, and noticed that the back storage section detaches from the vest, so it won`t be uncomfortable while paddleing. it has plenty of pockets up front, w/ other pockets in the front mesh materal, back is also mesh. got it for $20, at another store close to me it was over $70. it will fit easy over a pfd. any kayak fishing groups in the york co./sc/ area? rich

Hello Bearpaw,

I tried to go and view the vest you are talking about on line, but all I could come up with was a bulletin board type preface for the store.

Is there another link to access the on line store, to view the vest?

If so, would you be so kind as to send it to me, or better yet; post it for all to use.

Thanks in advance,
    chris from canada

Chris,

Gander Mountain stores do not have online sales like Cabelas and others. What you saw on their website is what you get (WYSIWYG), and nothing more. I have a store near my home, and they do have some attractive pricing. Right now they are clearancing a lot of stuff (inventory time?), so many deals abound if you walk into the store.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

Default vests

I have an old Cabelas (20+ years old)vest that is falling apart, but I just can't bring myself to part with it. The fabric itself has deteriorated to where repairs are no longer possible. As long as I can wear it, I will keep it. It has been a good and loyal old friend.

Semepr Fi!

Default Re: fly vest

I've been using a Patagonia Fisherman PFD in my SOT kayak. It's got a couple of big pockets that work well with my Plano small tackle boxes and C&F fly box and I've zip tied a Bokker river knife to my weak side shoulder. With a couple of whizzoed tools attached, I'm all set. The vest is styled after their Lotus paddling vests and allows good arm and shoulder motion and seated comfort.

Amongst the Mangroves of West Central, Florida

Default Re: fly vest

I've been looking at [url=http://kayakfishingstuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Stohlquist-FishPFD&Category_Code=:431dd]this one[/url:431dd] and
    [url=http://www.mtiadventurewear.com/products/angler/dorado.php:431dd]this one.[/url:431dd]

Has anybody used either one? Comments?

Thanks.
    "Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~ Edward Abbey

+ Reply to Thread