+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My all-time favorite photo (boys and daddy fishing)

Default My all-time favorite photo (boys and daddy fishing)

This is my favorite....

[url=http://www.imageshack.us:457d6][/url:457d6]

[This message has been edited by Heaven on the Norfork (edited 30 May 2005).]

GRAND pics, mam.
    .....lee s.

Is this Dry Run Creek?

Mike

------------------
    There is no greater fan of flyfishing than the worm.

Patrick McManus

The one and only! The first time we went I didn't realize what was in there. The boys had Tweety Bird poles and we were just messing around. We caught this enormous rainbow which broke the line just as we could see it. The reel was screeching and it was just a joke. That's a fun spot. If there are any grandparents missing their grandkids please emial me and we'll meet ya down there. You can borrow the boys for a while - they are a blast.

If you look real close next time you're in there, you'll notice the trees and bushes are decorated with flies just like Christmas decorations. I have been working with a friend and some youth from Cotter schools and most of the flies that are in the bushes and trees are probably out of my fly box. There are some HUGE fish in there, especially during the spawn.

Mike

------------------

Patrick McManus

That's a riot. I can see that happening pretty easily with the flies. There are some amazing kids out there - fully geared up and fishing like pros. Those fish just laze around eating out of the fish hatchery vents getting bigger and bigger each year. My boys love visiting the tanks and seeing all the fish. What age are the kids you take out there?

Mostly high school age. It's a club a friend started before he passed and there's a few of us that are trying to keep it going. Some of the kids do real well, some need more help than others, but it's always fun. We meet at the school to do some tying and some streamside ettiquite (?) and there are other times where my friend goes and does knot tying. They may actually put it on the school curriculum. The band director is the academic advisor and the kids elected their own officers and set a GPA that has to be maintained or they're suspended from the club. And that is VERY strictly enforced.

Mike

------------------

Patrick McManus

+ Reply to Thread