+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NORTH UMPQUA RIVER, OREGON

Default NORTH UMPQUA RIVER, OREGON

North Umpqua steelhead fly fishing conditions are just about perfect right now. It's a little bit colder in the morning than I like it but I'm not far from the fishing so I can wait till noon and still have a good day of fly fishing. Anyone in the area interested in checking it out, let me know. Neoprenes and wading staffs a must !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Wait until noon and then saunter over for some steelhead, if i wasn't so happy for you i'd probably hate you for that.
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

Well, it's not quite a saunter, but if I go to the county park just below the N. Umpqua River dam it's a casual 5/8ths of a mile. Funny thing is I don't fish there often.

I like to drive upriver about 8 miles to another county park where I can at times cast all day during the week and not see any other fisher folk of any description. So be sure that when you're up this way crook33, that you check it out. Thanks for being happy for me too because I sure am. Oh, not sure exactly where Murieta is, but it was about 54 here today when I walked to the park to check water color on the river. Perfect.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

I'm happy to hear about your fishing trip!!!!
    After last week, this weather is HEAVEN sent.
    I hope things are going good down there.
    The flowers are sprouting and spring is on it's way!
    Keep us posted,
    Doug P.S. Don't be day dreaming when that first steelhead strikes!
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Thanks Doug...oh yeah, the weather is much improved here too...though overnight is low 20's here by the river. Today is supposed to be about 57...it's foggy right now but I'm seriously thinking about slipping out on the water somewhere for a spot of daydreaming.

About that...I don't know how you knew, but that's my steelhead style. I read about it somewhere...Brooks maybe or even Combs. I make a cast and pretty much just stand there looking around at the trees, sky, the surroundings except the river. The takes always come as a surprise anyway so according to what I read, why not appear nonchalant in case the fish are watching...something like that anyway !

Things are good here and I hope they are there too...don't forget to let me know when you're in the neighborhood next Doug. Oh, I predict spring in two weeks here !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

SPRING !?! :?

two,
    Don't worry I'm hallucinating about Spring!
    It's still below freezing at night but our daytime temp this week has been in the FIFTIES!!!!
    I hope you see the Sun soon!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Report, I need to read your report. I would love the fish that river, but I understand it is quite difficult to fish it. Of course, I will never find out unless I try it.
    Paul

PM reply sent Paul and lemme know when you're ready to 'get your feet wet' so to speak and we'll go check it out and I'll only take you to the 'no waders required areas if you like....but bring them anyway because you'll want to become one with the N. Umpqua and no, it's not hard to fly fish at all. No sir.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

The OTTERS don't ATTACK! DO They???
    Thanks,
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread