+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Refrigerated Duck Alive & Quacking

Default Refrigerated Duck Alive & Quacking

A Florida hunter brought the duck home after shooting it. His wife put the duck in the fridge, but some time later it moved when she opened the door-giving her a scare. Instead of becoming dinner, the family took the duck to the vet, with a fractured wing and broken leg.
    The lucky duck is expected to make a full recovery.
    Apparently the young duck has a low metabolism and closed it's eyes after the hunter shot it.
    Hopefully it will have quite a story to tell it's grand ducklings someday.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Blog Entries

I feel sorry for the Hunter. No way his wife is going to ever let him duck hunt again. No-way!
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Then there was the year I brought a Kangaroo mouse home in the pocket of my field coat during pheasant season.
    My dad found a gallon jar to make a house for it - mother never forgave him (or me).

nighthawk Guest

My brother forgot his .22 rifle while running the trap line one day. Large raccoon in a trap and he knocks it over the head, hard, then puts it into the trunk of the car. He gets home, opens the trunk and surprise! The coon sits up, looks at him and bolts, never to be seen again. He is fortunate that coon didn't tear into him as they are an ill tempered critter at times.

Loved chomping down on duck meat, not bird shot. In Montana raised 60 or so ducks. Built a pond, took them for 'bug-walks', raised most of them from their own eggs. Had to pay a guy to kill and dress them for me. Gave my 'pets' away; couldn't force myself to eat one. Both geese included!

When you get attached to animals, they don't look like food anymore. When I was a kid, we had a couple of rabbits and being completely naive, I thought of them as pets. I sit down at the dinner table and my mother places something SHE calls CHICKEN!, on the table. There have been many conspiracy's in history and that was ONE of them!
    When certain members of the family grinned at me at the dinner table, I knew I had been had!
    I was MAD at my mother for a week or two.
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

hopping mad no doubt,,,

JC,

My Dad was a good hunter and put plenty of fresh meat on the table, including ducks and geese. Lost all my baby teeth biting down on birdshot. Saved on dental bills. Well, the birdshot and a string saved on dental bills.

DShock,

Had the same thing happen to me. I knew something was funny when I asked for a wing and Mom told me that poor chicken didn't have any wings. Didn't find out until I went to feed my pet bunny the next morning before school. Dad just let me know we were having a hard winter. I was still mad at Mom for trying to put one over on me.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

I came within a HARE of PELTing my Mother with COTTON TAILS, for the sake of PETER and JACK (the rabbits)
    I had just EATEN THEM!
    THANKS MOM!
    I was like totally ZONKERED! after that.
    I was considering being HOPPING mad, but decided that the ridicule wouldn't be worth it.
    I vowed to never again let someone pull the HARE over my eyes!
    After that, I refused to enjoy Easter, looking for eggs and I wasn't comfortable adjusting the RABBIT ears on our TV anymore.
    That's All Folks!
    Doug

Doesn't anyone realize that history is being made here?

These are the first reported cases of "Catch and Release" hunting and trapping.
    Bear742

+ Reply to Thread