+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ohio on the fly ?

Default Ohio on the fly ?

My son's technical college in Lima is on a year round schedule. We are looking to find someplace in Ohio for a long weekend or a week. Lima is a 6 hour trip from Sussex (dang I hate Chicago) and would like to limit it to a couple or three hours from there. We are just as happy fishing the warm water species or Cold. Any suggestions? Hocking Hills or Zanesville? Thank you, Robb

I can't help you, but I will also be watching this thread. I spend a couple of weeks a year in the Lima area, and am always looking for a place to fish.

Default Here's a couple

Bresler Reservoir in Allen Co., Grand Lake St. Mary's just SW of Lima in Mercer Co., Indian Lake SE of Lima in Logan Co., and there are 3 small reservoirs just outside of Lima (Metzger, Ferguson, and Lost Creek).
    Running from Logan Co. south through Champaign Co. is the Mad River, our best Brown Trout stream.

Try this site - http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/fishing/default.htm
    To Miss Nancy - She hated fishing, but loved a fisherman.

Robb,

Which Lima is your son in, Meigs County or Allen County? Any idea what time of year you would be planning?

raw69's suggested web site is a great start.

He's in the High performance motor sports program at the University of Northwestrn Ohio. I think it's Allen County.

Coach,

Here's a few suggestions that are close to Lima. Try Grand Lake St. Mary's, Pretty good pan fish lake from what I've heard. There's good Brown Trout fishing on the Mad River (near Urban and Springfield). Although it's not classic looking trout water, it's full of good fish. The Great Miami, Stillwater and Little Miami Rivers, all around Dayton offer very good smallmouth fishing. I'd also recommend some of the Little Miami Tribs like Todd's Fork and Caesar Creek, both offer pretty good smallmouth fishing if the conditions are right. A bit futher west and south, just over the Indiana line is Brookville Lake. The tailwater is a well thought of trout fishery (rainbows and browns).

Get with me on a PM and I can give you more spacifics if any of these sound interesting. Most of these place are easly under your 3 hour drive from Lima.
    Joe Bertolini

The Auglaize River near Rimer offers excellent smallmouth. It's about 20 minutes north of the school. Water may be kind of hard this time of year.

Bill

Blog Entries

From the title of your post I thought this was going to be a thread about how Tuber keeps two steps ahead of the law.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread