+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's been a long Fall

Default It's been a long Fall

My Mother went into the hospital,died once, two operations and four months of rehab and she's finally home. Tried to visit every day before or after football practice.
    The president of our youth football program and the high school coach had a fallout, Competing teams, divided loyalties, politics and money. Move may have been inevitable ,but could have been handled alot better without putting the kids in the middle.
    My fishing buddy and oldest son went off to college in Ohio. Empty nest hits fathers too.
    At the risk of sounding like a bad country song my girlfriend Chelsea (a 16 year old Springer Spaniel) a good and faithful friend had a major stroke and we had to have her put down a week before Christmas.
    Well like I said I haven't touched a rod or tied a fly in months. I've lurked, but I haven't posted.
    With the warm weather I forced myself to take out my 4wt. last Saturday. No fish ,no companian chasing Blue Gills, bad casts, and wind knots, but a rhythm soon returned and I felt 6 months of weight lifted from my shoulders.
    So......It's good to be back.

Glad to have you back. Sometimes when I can't get it together to fish I'll read a good fishing book. Its like being on the water with a friend.

jed

Sounds gastly coach - especially losing your fishing companion. Time yet to start training a new one.
    Labs are great streamside buddies. They never get political, always forgive and greet you with joy.

Coach...I hope things go better for you. BTW, where is your son going to school here in Ohio? PM me for my cell in case he needs something. If near us, I could check in on him occasionally & maybe provide a home cooked meal or 2. Let me know.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi Coach,

Hang in there guy, it sounds like you have had a pretty rough time. There is a silver lining to all this. College and university schedules have lots of vacations. Your son will be back from May through August and will probably feel like he needs to do a little fly fishing. Like I said, hang in there. I hope that your mother is doing well. 8T

Very sorry to hear about Chelsea.

Hey Coach,
    Glad to have ya back. Quite a litany of woes.Things can ONLY get BETTER. I hope your Mom recovers fully and soon.

Mark

+ Reply to Thread