+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOOSE Stealers

Default MOOSE Stealers

Fly Goddess,
    Did you know the the State of Colorado is taking 400 Moose from your backyard and only giving you SHEEP in return???
    Right now they are lifting the Moose with helicopters.
    Do you think they will get Frequent Flyer Miles???
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Can we do a song about Mighty Moose?

M-I-G-H-T-Y M-O-O-S-E

M-I-G-H-T-Y

WHY?

BECAUSE WE LOSE YOU.

M-O-O-S-E

M-I-G-H-T-Y M-O-O-S-E

PS: it needs some work. JGW

That was just the ROUGH draft?
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

nothing

MOMMY!, What just flew by under that helicopter??
    Oh that was just a MOOSE dear!
    I'm sure the Sheep will be a safer animal to have in the neighborhood.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess
    Good for the drivers. We got so many of them and not quite like hitting a deer. A couple of weeks ago a whole family was killed up by Parkcity from hitting one. My Uncle and Aunt hit one and it totalled their car.
    Plus you really want to scare on by accident (specially mother and calf).
    So it is all good......Mmmmmm where is the applesauce.
    Huge problem in Newfoundland, too! We have alot of people killed and injured on the highways here every year. There has been a really loud call for a cull of the population, but they're also talking about fencing off the entire Trans-Canada Highway through Newfoundland.

Blog Entries

The swap is Moose for Bighorn sheep.
    The moose are in danger of starving as there are too many in the area of the cull. They will wake up in and area of abundant food to round out their life. It will add to the gene pool of the resident Moose herd.
    The other alternative is to hold a hunt and kill a bunch of them off. Given a choice I think the moose would prefer to live.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Blog Entries

Um, er.... this week DOW and a couple guys from my forest went over to get some moose to release on MY district. So in some sense I think you could say that is my fault.

Thanks, milady!!

And gnu, the resident moose are all transplants.

And don't ask me about the killer attack sheep we have here in CO.

Dennis

Geez, my neck of the woods is already swarmin' with moose. I've been seeing them daily since the snow started. We have a population of a dozen that lives right in the area year-round, and during bad weather more move thru from over Cameron Pass. They have so far been very good neighbors, with the exception of a few times they've startled disc golfers, snowshoers, XC skiers and such--and terrorized some unruly dogs who deserved it (my dog runs away if she so much as smells a moose now).

DShock, FlyGoddess -- THANKS for your moose! We enjoy having them around, and there's not so many yet that people are hitting them with cars.

My understanding is that folks up on Grand Mesa actually requested the study and then the moose from our state wildlife folks. They found it could be a viable, self-sustaining population, so here they come, via airmail!

DANBOB

Being originally from NH we had a saying; "there's always room for Moose, right beside the mash potatoes."
    Bob

~~~ Fly Fish the Cumberland, it will make you live longer.~~~

+ Reply to Thread