+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody going to any of the FF/FT Shows?

Have gotten quite a few emails. Looks like wewill have a good representation of FAOLers at each show...Somebody who knows how to use one of them fancy digital cameras, please bring one. I know, I know, they're simple but at the International I took a couple dozen pictures and only 2 came out decent. It is a 7.1 Canon so it is me and "buttons" and not the camera. Need more lessons from my wife... I always end up buying a throwaway!

I'll be the MC at the Cleveland show January 13th. http://www.expo2007.ncff.net Probably wearing that same green shirt as the past four shows. This is my last year as Chairman, and I finally get to tie at the 2008 show.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

RonS81 Guest

Schaumberg on Saturday. Hope to see you there.

Hi Joe, Too bad shows have conflicting dates. Wondered why Bear wasn't at Schaumburg..Say hi to him for me. I'll see Chris for breakfast that Monday..lol.
    If I wasn't tying at Schaumburg I'd join you guys. Have a great show!...Bob

I looked at the list of Marlboro exhibitors and couldn't get motivated enough to go. It seems there's a greater percentage of lodges than ever. I'm not sure whether I'm 'outgfrowing' these shows or the participant list is dwindling, but they definitely seem less and less appealing with time.

Josko, Vendors are vendors. Look for the speakers. Every year there are some new ones. There are always new products out . Materials, rods and gear. So vendors may be the same but things do change. Many people have jumped on the show bandwagon as promoters seeing how others have done it so there are many,many shows and if you go to a lot of them yes, they will begin to seem all the same.
    But this post is all about meeting up with other FAOLers at various shows, putting faces with handles, indoor, non-fishing fish-ins if you may, reunions for some, and not really about the shows themselves. Hope you make one of them...Warm regards, Bob

I'm planning on attending the Charlotte show, but I don't know which day(s) yet. Probably won't be Sunday as that is the Super Bowl, though that is likely to be after the show is finished.
    Better Loops & Singing Reels
    Lee

I'll be at this one (MPLS) with our local club of tyers:
    http://www.greatwaters2007.com/

I am looking into going to somerset, could possibly be both the 26th and 27th

wire

Hi flyangler, Question. When I click on your posted URL the exact same "programs" come up no matter which one I push. Same hotel too.What's up with that? A glitch?

+ Reply to Thread