+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Handle/Guide Kit for 5100-4 Z Axis

Default Handle/Guide Kit for 5100-4 Z Axis

I have just recieved my 5100-4 Z Axis blank!! Needless to say i am excited about the build. This will be my fourth rod overall, and my first that is a little more expensive. I need suggestions on where to find a guide/handle kit for this 10 footer. I dont feel that well versed on be able to order all the individual parts seperately and get components that will work together......I also do not have local acess to go out and talk to someone/see parts as everything will be mail/internet order. Any suggestions on where to turn would be much appreciated.

PS I am familiar with all the major sites out there that offer different rod builiding parts, just not sure how to 'sort thru' all of the stuff and get what i need. Thanks!

K3's
    First check with all the sponsors here. Email them with your questions and then call them. I've found that most, if not all, are very willing to go one on one to meet a potential customers needs.
    Be sure and post some photos when your done!

Little Rock AR, wishing I was still in Anchorage, AK

k3 the only part of the handle that needs to be right is the reel seat. Make sure the diameter of the inside of the seat and the diameter of the rod butt are compatible.
    For the cork Just get the shape of handle you want you don?t have to get it inleted, you can do that yourself with a dremel tool.
    If you want a fighting butt buy one that the butt of the rod will set down in it then inlet the top of it so the reel seat will go down in it alittle bit(see picture)

As for the guides just find the sizes you need and buy them
    You CAN peice together the components its easy

K3 -
    Great sponsor and great products. for that Z Axis, you want to put pretty good stuff on it I would imagine...Check out these guys.

REC
    http://www.rec.com/

Here's another line of reel seats, also a sponsor:

http://strublemfg.com/ there's a cork seat in there that you might like.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Oops...that was for the guy looking for a cork reelseat...still, you might find a great reelseat with fixed or removable fighting butt for your rod at: strublemfg.com

Cheers again,

MontanaMoose

+ Reply to Thread