+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrstmas gifts,all fishing related, but a little sad.

Default Chrstmas gifts,all fishing related, but a little sad.

5 fishing shirts,1 light jacket,1 rain coat,1 fly box.

Everything I got was made in---- Cambodia,India,Vietnam, El Salvader,Dominican Republic,China. The only USA.gift was a unique fly box from Wyoming. Here in the south we have given away for the most part our textile industry in the name of free trade. I WONDER WHAT WE HAVE RECEIVED IN RETURN.

Ed MaDan

Perhaps they purchased the raw materials from the US? i was happy to see a number of my items made in canada and the united states. I personly will pay a premium for good made localy, and if given the choice i got canada then US, then i dont really care.

Nick

Default Re: Chrstmas gifts,all fishing related, but a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ed madan
    Here in the south we have given away for the most part our textile industry in the name of free trade. I WONDER WHAT WE HAVE RECEIVED IN RETURN.

Ed MaDan
    Duh! 5 fishing shirts,1 light jacket,1 rain coat.

Blog Entries

John that should have been a instead of a LOL
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Default Re: Chrstmas gifts,all fishing related, but a little sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ed madan
    5 fishing shirts,1 light jacket,1 rain coat,1 fly box.

Everything I got was made in---- Cambodia,India,Vietnam, El Salvader,Dominican Republic,China. The only USA.gift was a unique fly box from Wyoming. Here in the south we have given away for the most part our textile industry in the name of free trade. I WONDER WHAT WE HAVE RECEIVED IN RETURN.

Ed MaDan
    Ed,

Affordable goods. With the high cost of living in the US, those same products made in America would be a lot more expensive. Instead of receiving all those gifts you got, you might have only received less. Additionally, there is no guarantee of better quality just because they are American made.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Affordable goods? I didn't see any price decrease when Simms or Danner shipped a good part of their manufacturing offshore.It all comes down to the almighty dollar.Joe Schmoo in the US.wants 10.00-12.00 an hour. Sue Mi Latr in Asia will work for basically room and board and forget the benefits
    living another day is a benefit.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Quote Originally Posted by gonfishn
    Affordable goods? I didn't see any price decrease when Simms or Danner shipped a good part of their manufacturing offshore.It all comes down to the almighty dollar.Joe Schmoo in the US.wants 10.00-12.00 an hour. Sue Mi Latr in Asia will work for basically room and board and forget the benefits
    living another day is a benefit.
    Had they continued to manufacture in America pricing would have increased. Going oversees while it may not have reduced prices in all cases, keeps prices from rising, at least in the short run. It is very expensive to do business in America. Would you like margins to deminish to the point that companies go under? That too puts Americans out of work.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Sadly most of "our" manufacturing has gone to our neighbors not in this hemisphere. The bottomline will
    prevail and that is the sad fact. I am of a mind that the word "Loyalty" was a word that was invented by powerfull/wealthy people . Sadly loyalty tends to predominantly work from the bottom up any more. So, we purchase Brand "X" because it was a good ole American company that has served us well for years. Cool. Company Brand "X" see's a chance to increse bottom line by 10,000 percent and so it goes for it. How ? Move opperations to Maylaysia or some other stuggling third world country. Teenage age Maylay kids will work in a sweat shop 12-16 hours a day for 25 to 30 cents an hour. Lets see ,pay an American 13-16 an hour ,pay a teenager in Maylasia 25 cents an hour no benifits and no overhead involved. Not a big strech . Of course prices wont nessesarily need to go down. That would needlessly cut profits.
    This is not far fetched at all. This is economics 101. This is just the reality that we have in this day and ag. Check with your local labor relations board and they can put you in touch with the folkes that can tell you that by 2030 basicly there will be no manufacturing in the U.S. This is not fiction.
    In return we have recieved 12,500,000 illegal aliens. Thats what we have gotten in return.

Quote Originally Posted by perch
    This is just the reality that we have in this day and ag. Check with your local labor relations board and they can put you in touch with the folkes that can tell you that by 2030 basicly there will be no manufacturing in the U.S. This is not fiction.
    In return we have recieved 12,500,000 illegal aliens. Thats what we have gotten in return.
    The fact is this has been going on for hundreds of years. Various countries sent settlers (colonist)over to America to make goods plentiful and cheaper!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Tyronefly has reminded me of my basic high school history lessons. You are darn right and I had'nt thought of it like that. Huh. How about that.
    I feel like a moron and History repeats its self.
    Perch

+ Reply to Thread