+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Casting Help

Default Casting Help

My problem is this:
    I was deployed with the marines for 6 months and just recently got back. I went out to do a little fishing over the holiday break and was having some trouble with my casting (for me it's not like riding a bike). I've looked through all the advice/instruction that is available on this site and even some others. I've tried watching videos and then practicing what they've shown. There is something mechanically wrong with my casting stroke that I can't seem to find. I need someone to look at my casting and tell me what I'm doing wrong. Is there anyone out there that is in the general vicinity of Wilmington, North Carolina that would be willing to do this? I'm not asking for free lessons, just any help that someone would be willing to provide me.

Glad you are home safely...
    If you don't get a response from a local FAOLer, maybe you can try the local flyfishing club?
    Otherwise, if you give some more details as to what is happening when you cast, some members maybe able to jump in to advise.
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

You can also try going to the FFF web site. They have listings for Certified Casting Instructors all over the country.

http://www.fedflyfishers.org/certified.php

Thanks for your service and for protecting us here back home. If you can, try to describe what is happening during your cast. There are a few very common errors that someone here should be able to recognize and help you with. If you want send me an email and I will do my best to help out. flybop@yahoo.com

+ Reply to Thread