+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tube or not Tube

Default Tube or not Tube

Giving some thought to getting a tube. I have access to several small lakes and a couple of farm ponds. Don't want to spend a lot, maybe in the $150.00 range (Including flippers) Need advice/direction/Help!!.

------------------
    Cactus

Jack

I'm sure you'll get allot of suggestions. I use a Creek Company U Tube that I bought fron Cabelas for around $65. If you don't get much of a reply here, try posting your question on the Frog Water BB.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Tube!!!

A tube opens endless possibilities when it comes to stillwater fishing.

I own a TU Togiak tube, very stable, got if from Cabela's for $130. Flippers are usually no more than $30.

Just make sure the float tube you get has enough weight capacity to handle your body weight plus the weight of your waders, fishing equipment, and other things you might bring with you.

Regards,

Alberto

I use the Outcast Fish Cat - its my wife's tube and I just get to use it when she is not, but I sure like it alot more than any of the other tubes I have tried. Its comfortable to use, light, and I got it for a nice price. I highly recommend the Fish Cat tube.

Blog Entries

I have a Caddis round tube, 13 years and counting. Works fine for me. You will probably hear all sorts of negative things about round boats versus u-boats or other types, but I have never felt like I was missing anything while using it. If I wanna go anywhere fast I use the canoe.

My advice would be to sit in it and see if the pockets work for you. That is the only thing that will really annoy you down the road.

Dennis

I have a Woodriver U tube from Bean's from many yrs ago.Has done me well.Have ordered a new TU Togiak tube from Beans because I deserve a new one!I sit in mine for 10 hrs/day and can't get enough of the peace and serenity and total enjoyment, especially when you hook into a 26" brown!

Outcast Fish Cat won't disappoint - been in use for many years by me and others. Fins, for that price I like the Creek Company ones or Wally world sells a TurboThruster fin (very similar) for cheap.

The Outcast Fish Cat gets alot of positives on this bb....I purchased a Caddis u-boat new for $40 at Sportsmart [aka Gart] as a second tube that isn't going to get much usage...it retailed for $120.... so far happy enough with it however just today was out with a friend who was in one and the plastic buckle holding the seat sling broke and almost dumped him...I was in my Woods Gliderider which I think is a great tube...maybe you get what you pay for ....but for your price range you might want to check out what Gart has......I am going to replace those plastic buckles.

[This message has been edited by ducksterman (edited 23 May 2005).]

Jack, definately get a tube! It's a great way to fish. I must confess that I now use a kickboat or pontoon but I still keep a small U-tube for those hard to walk to places.

Caddis makes some inexpensive U-tubes. I once had a part break on a Caddis tube when on a trip. I called Caddis and they shipped a replacement to where I was at the same day and said just send the broken part back when I returned home.

Don't forget to spend some of that budget on a PFD. It's a must have accessory!

Here's some information: [url=http://flyanglersonline.com/features/lakes/part41.html:a6284]http://flyanglersonline.com/features/lakes/part41.html[/url:a6284]

------------------
    Joe

Mr. Hise,
    I have a TU Kennebeck? Excuse the spelling. Keeps me high and dry. Just my knees down get in the water. Very important if you live in a cold climate. It is a pontoon style and tracks great. Very easy to kick around and you get a free one year membership to TU. I can't remember what it cost but I think you can go through Cabella's. Also, don't forget a pump... unless you have lungs of steel. And don't skimp on flippers. Try to get the best you can and stay with float tube specific fins...you won't have to walk backwards in these. Hope that helps some.

+ Reply to Thread