+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They just don't make em like...................

Default They just don't make em like...................

I just finished wathching " It's a Wonderful Life" for about the 50th + time. Each time I watch it, It's like for the first time. Uplifting, joyful,with alternate tears and smiles throughout. I find myself looking forward to it's airing . Gives me a great perspective on the season and life in general. A great motion picture from a great time past long ago.

Mark

nighthawk Guest

Well said, Mark. Those were the days when quality entertainment was top priority in Hollywood.

Blog Entries

In My opinion Miracle on 34th Street is right up there too. I have watched it at least once every year since 1959.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

I love Christmas Story when the DOGS run through the house grabbing the TURKEY on their way out the door.
    The family sitting in the Chinese Restaurant singing Christmas songs with the Chinese people.
    Doug P.S. Jimmy Stewart is one of my favorite actors.
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

DShock,

I second the Christmas Story. Watched it twice this Xmas and still love it. We've all had neighborhood bullies like Scott Farkis and it sure is nice to see them get their due. 8T

It's a Wonderful Life was made in 1946. It wasn't a big hit when it came out. It wasn't untilt the 1970's when it was released to TV and pounded into the ground with re-run after re-run that it gained popularity. What ever the case, it truly is a magnificant Christmas tradition today. There are only about 9 of the origional cast alive today. The little ZuZu is one of those and she does appearance's to the delight of those who get to meet her. My favorite part is always when George Baily gives Mt. Potter the what for at the board meeting. Potter, the perfect Scrooge! In fact, I think he even said Ba Humbug, how scrooge is that?

A Christmas Story. I loved it when Ralphy rubbed the Major Award stocking legged lampshed up and down. His eyes were as big as scaucers and it was obvious his mom was not too pleased with his exhurberance. "What is it? Why it's a major award....." Another favorite spot, the furnace backfireing black smoke up the vents. Cuss, cuss, cuss the ole man vented!! They don't get much better than Gene Shephard. Do you remember on TV, "Gene Shephard's America">
    A classic, especially when he recalled his growing up and his "ole man" Good stuff!!

It's very interesting to me that Artists and Movies don't become famous until generations of people examine them.
    I'm not interested in Christmas Movies that are boring. Christmas Story IS a STORY! I appreciate originality. A song, movie or book that takes us back in time to moments that were positive, are important to our happiness.
    It's funny that Ralphie's Mother said that he couldn't have a BB gun because he would shoot his eye out!
    I guess I did a lot of POUTING when I was a kid because my Mother would tell me that a BIRD was going to land on my lower lip!
    Or "If you keep making that face, it will stay that way permanently!"
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Of course I don't mean to exclude from the "greats" the movies mentioned. And how about , A Miracle On 34th Street, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn ? These were movies that will hopefully live on and on.

Mark

Fly Goddess,
    Don Knotts (Barney) is a American Institution!.
    Doug P.S. He had to be wise WHEN he shot his gun because he only had ONE bullet.

+ Reply to Thread