+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Bench

Default The Bench

LF, WOW! So much more than a thousand of the most beautful words that anyone could ever write.

Thank you!

Steve
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

I remember these words, that were the closing at the final installment of Al Campbell's Fly Tying Series....

?May your dry flies be dry, your wet flies wet, and your lines tight with fighting fish. God bless you, my friends. If you mention my name, please call me your friend.? ~ Al Campbell

I came aboard FAOL after Al Campbell passed away. I have read with great interest all that his friends here on FAOL have said about him and his writings. In addition I have entered the FAOL archives and enjoyed some of his prose, in time I hope more. There is an old Japanese saying "You can judge a man by his friends". Al Campbell must have been an giant of a man because it shows from the comments and words by all of his friends here. Nice job L.F. and J.C. commenerating a huge persona in fly fishing with the Bench will endure for generations of fly fishers to come.

What a great group of people we have here, and such a fitting honor for a great man!

Blog Entries

Many of the umplanned things that happen to us are really blessings. "Al Campbell".

Like his presence here amongst here us on FAOL, Al Campbell was truly a blessing.

The Bench is a fine memorial to this great man.

Flyfisher - Teacher
    Writer - Friend

He was all that for sure.

I came to this board shortly before Al turned ill. I didn't know that he was sick at all because He answered all my dumb newbie questions with such humor and class that you couldn't tell. I missed the Fish-in where I would have finally met him in person. I will regret that for the rest of my days.

I miss you Al. My heart cries softly now and then at the mention of your name. I am not completely sad for I am certain that finally we will meet face to face some day down by the river. I will sit down and you can teach me how to tie a SWHAPF.

Untill then my Friend.

Love your friend Roger
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

+ Reply to Thread