+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sections stuck

Step 1, do not put the rod behind your legs to try to pull it apart. If it does come apart you have no control over the pieces and a break is easy. Step 2,Ice the joint first, if you have a chest of access to a large freezer, do that first then try to pull it apart. If that doesn't work then get another guy to help, each of you grap the rod on either side of the ferrule (never have 1 each guy on each side)Step 3, carry a little birthday candle in your reel bag or vest for your male ferrules on graphite rods, and a mini hotel bar of ivory soap for the nickle silver ferrules on bamboo rods.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

The biggst problem is, as we know, getting ahold of it without crushing the blank. Get a inertoob from a bike, truck whatever. Cut into long srtips, like tape sort of. Wrap each section untill it feels comfortable like the size of a pistol grip. Works great.

Break rod, send back for lifetime factory warranty.

justkiddin'

jed

When the problem occured at lee's Ferry last year the guide told me to put the rod in the water for a minute and then apply pressure to pull apart while under water. It worked and have since applied proper coating of paraffin and the problem has been eliminated.

My .02

Philip

------------------
    I look into... my fly box, and think about all the elements I should consider in choosing the perfect fly: water temperature, what stage of development the bugs are in, what the fish are eating right now. Then I remember what a guide told me: 'Ninety percent of what a trout eats is brown and fuzzy and about five-eighths of an inch long.' - Allison Moir.

I wonder if he ever fished Saltwater
    Excuse my spelling and grammar, I hooked Mondays and Fridays to either fish or hunt.

Tip from my father-in-law: Cheep and easy; no cost whatsoever. He told me about 45 years ago that every time he went fishing and prepared to put his rod together he "rubbed a finger aside of his nose" and used the "oil" from it to lubricate the rod sections - no joke! Have done it ever since and nary a stuck section.

+ Reply to Thread