+ Reply to Thread

Thread: chance to pay it forward

Default chance to pay it forward

My wife and I have decided to become procter parents. Similar to foster care. Mostly high school boys who just need a positive enviroment. The boy we have now went too the fly shop with me. In our time together he said his Grandad used to fly fish. Told him Photojoe and I were planning a trip middle of January and said he could go along if he wanted. His eyes lit up. He hasnt had a Dad. Joe came over that evening and on his own jumped right in. Said he was getting new boots and waders so Jeremy(the boy) could use them. Joe has a rod, Ive got a spare reel, and Im gonna help him to tie some flies. I know well get some that will strech us, but this first one has got me pumped. Glad I have a good partner like Joe. Hopefully photos too follow

good luck clyde,you get a chance to make a difference in a kids life.
    My wife keeps leaning to fostering kids also
    but I have asked her to wait until our kids get a little older but she has been working with a baby the last few weeks and I suspect that one of these days i'm going to get a surprise.
    We all know the area code for heaven is 406

Congratulations, Clyde. In my experience I've learned that most kids are good kids and just need someone to take an interest in them and encourage them to be things they never thought they could be. My prayers are with your family, Jeremy and Photojoe. It will surprise you that he will probably do more for you than you do for him.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Clyde,
    Thanks for making my day! You have done a wonderful thing by giving that boy a chance to have you as a father figure. Helping people is a blessing. Sometimes we think that OUR lives are tough, but there are people that need our help.
    It is also great that Joe is helping you.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

Looks like a special Christmas for sure. You deffinitely know the Christmas Spirit and it's workings.
    ....lee s.

Clyde,
    A BIG pat on the back for you & Joe. Joe Valencic is right...your reward from this will be huge.
    God Bless,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Clyde,
    I hope you had a great Christmas! I also hope Jeremy is learning new things living with you.
    Thanks,
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

This is s great idea, well done, and good luck. I might even think about it myself...
    "We do not inherit the earth; we borrow it from our children."

+ Reply to Thread