+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Punch yarn offer.

Blog Entries

Default Punch yarn offer.

I've been tying my early season patterns lately using lots of punch yarn. The more I use this stuff, them more I love it. It makes a terrific and easy alternative to dubbing on bodies.
    Anyway, I will put together a few sets of multiple colors of this material for anyone who hasn't been able to get this material yet. I've found it is hard to get locally, but I mail ordered a bunch and a spool lasts forever. So I'm going to share. If you haven't used or seen this material before, look at Al Campbell's too simple series of flies ( http://www.flyanglersonline.com/alcampbell/archive.html ), or any of the flies from this swap: ( http://new.photos.yahoo.com/ghileman@sb ... 2317308422 )

First 3 people to speak for it and haven't used this material before can have a set. Sign up and get me your address, and I'll get it in the mail shortly. And if you miss out and don't make it in the first 3 but really want some punch yarn to try out, shoot me a PM. I'll hook you up with a set no matter what your number is.
    **EDIT: Forget numbers for now--if you want to try punch yarn out, sign up even if there is more than 3 or 5 or even 10. I'll do my best to get you set up**
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Ol'blue,
    I have not seen this yarn before. I would like to give it a try. I'll pm my info.
    Thank you for your generous offer!
    Alan

I would like to get in on your offer. I will send a pm with more information. Thanks, Jim Harper

Sure why not. I'd love to try the yarn if it's available. If I'm not # 3 then I'll try aonther time.
    Thanks OB. I'll PM with my address.

Thanks!
    Joe Bertolini

Blog Entries

You are all signed up. Just be sure to PM me your address.
    Let's forget about numbers for a little while. If this is something that you want to try and can't get it locally, sign on. I'll do the best I can to supply as many as I can. I'll cry uncle if and when I get swamped.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

I would like to try some of the punch yarn material, to play with it some.

STEVEN McGARTHWAITE
    3505 BELLAIRE AVE
    WHITE BEAR LAKE MN 55110-5635

(Address is machine readable for Postal Letter Sort Machines)

blue if you need help with some of the yarn let me know I also have a lot of it. Not trying to steal your post. I think this is a fantastic offer you have made.

Any of you that have not used punch yarn in flies before you need to try it. I experiment with it on a lot of flies using it insted of dubbing on some. It is great stuff. John
    I wish you all everlasting flies and tight lines.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the offer, John. Hopefully we will get a lot of guys turned on to this stuff. Might have to do another punch yarn themed swap, eh?

I will try to get the first round of yarn ready to mail tonight. But keep on posting if you are interested in a set.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

ol'blue,

I will send Steven some from my inventory. After all he has done with the FAOL DVD's and his Furled Leader info he sent me, it is the least I can do to try and give something back to him.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I've never used it but would love to try it out. the flies I've ssen tied with it are pretty darn nifty.

pm pending

+ Reply to Thread