+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jungle Cock Capes

Default Jungle Cock Capes

I need some help please. I just purchased a jungle cock cape from a well known East Coast supplier. It was a grade A cape, for $150. This cape does not look much different then the $100 cape I purchased last year. Quite frankly it does not look much better then the $60 POS I purchased on e-bay. My question is , what should I expect for $150? I don't mind repairing some nails, but every nail having multiple splits for $150? Am I too picky? I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

I would return it if the nails are split. For that much money the cape should be top notch. Ron

No you are not too picky, for that type of money, the cape should be what was advertised.

Contact who you purchased it from and tell them what you told us, and then send it back. Either for a better cape, that you expect, or a refund plus postage.

Thanks Ron MT and Stephen H. I just packed it up and asked the wife to take it to the post office tommorow. I appreciate your feedback.

Normand Guest

For that kind of money, only you should be picking out the cape and nobody else.

I would never buy feathers online or at ebay. I gotta handle and inspect what I'm purchasing.

I have seen Grade 1/A capes and I have seen what was purported to be a Grade 1. The true grade 1/A I have is almost totally without splits with lots of nails in all sizes.

What I do know is that there is A LOT of ungraded necks out there available to the fly shops. Many buy the ungraded Jungle C0ck and grade it themselves. Maybe this is the case with who you bought yours from.

One fly shop close to me has a bunch of lousy looking capes that he calls grade 1 with more splits than a Dallas Cowgirls dance routine. They are all ungraded capes but that doesn't stop him from putting an outrageous price tag on them.

I guess Conranch needs to get in the Jungle C0ck business?

Yeah I'd ask for a refund. You can get a "super grade" cape for $150

Default I'd be screaming mad !!!!

I'd be screaming mad & ask for a refund !!!!

Personally, I'd like to know the vendor...if it is a certain New England vendor that changed hands recently, it would explain some problems I've been having too...

Default In search of the perfect Jungle C Cape

Thanks all for the response. I called the vendor today and told them the cape was coming back, and they said they would credit my mastercard for the charges. For what it is worth, I talked to a vendor in the Chicago area today, and they told me that grade A capes are almost impossible to find right now. They tried to get one from one of their distributors, and could not find one that they would sell to me. I don't want to name the vendor I was dealing with because they seem to be willing to make this right. Where do you folks get your Jungle C capes? Any help would be appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread