+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conranch Grade 3 cape

having met Denny in 2002 at the DRC fish in I am not shocked by what he did. He gave my son a black neck and told me when he is ready to tye he will have this to tye up some wooley buggers. I did not touch that neck untill my son wanted to try tyeing and thats when I gave it to him.Bye the way I still have the first flys he tyed and will send you one like you wanted this reminded me of it.Dennys hackle is great stuff as well and like it was said he is a class act and I am sure Liz is the same.

MONTY

Blog Entries

Liz and Denny also give a large amount of Tying supplies to Boy Scouts every year for them to use at summer camps for the Fly Fishing Merit Badge.

As long as Conranch is in buisiness they will be my first choice for hackle.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

A few years back, a member of FAOL, was discussing tying some Carrie Stevens fly patterns (this happened in FAOL's Angler's Hut). The member said he did not have a good source to get quality "Silver Badger" and he did not know if he could afford whatever a cape would cost.

Denny was the host that night, and I private chatted with Denny, about what the member had posted. Year earlier, during the Texas Regional Fish-In, Denny sent some capes for the FAOL people to play with at night tying flies, he also sent some capes that were for sale. Denny offered me a cape for handling the transactions, which I refused (amount of sales did not justify a free cape in my opinion).

Anyway, I told Denny in private chat, that I would pay for a "Silver Badger", for the member in the Anglers Hut. Denny said he would cover half of the cost, and pickup the postage.

The member sent Denny and I a fly using the cape that he received, that I photographed the fly, and I have the framed fly on my desk. I also sent the picture to Deanna, and told the member he had to write a Just Old Flies and stuff article, to go with the photo.

[url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/features/oldflies/part198.html:b6a3e]Kelly's Killer, Click Here to read the article[/url:b6a3e]

That is the type of guy Denny is, all you have to do is ask, and he will do it if he is able.

I just received my order and I am totally satisfied with the capes and the colors I ordered. I had asked Denny about his JV Hens to imitate Hungarian Partridge on some nymphs that I tie. He convinced me to try them and man am I glad I did. Nice flexible stems and perfect colorations in the medium brown skin I got. I am a totally satisfied customer here and will reorder from Conranch. Thanks Denny
    Brook trout always remind me that there must be a higher power.

Dale

Default Conranch Capes

I purchased a Cape from Denny this spring it is a #1 cape one of the best I have ever owned and tied with.

I tied many Light Cahills with last spring and this winter in sizes from 10 to 22 ( can't see to tie smaller) and the hackle and tails are supreme.

And now I see he is playing Santa too.

Way to go Denny

It's not, which is better. It depends what you are tying. I think if you are just starting out, get a neck (hackle). It has a full range of feather sizes. Like, you could tie flies from 28 up to size six I suppose. A saddle tends to have really long feathers, but not as wide a range of sizes. Still confused? Really, call Denny. Great guy and loves to help out.

Just received a new JV Hen today. Wow! Lot's of very nice feathers on this baby. Great deal for the money. Great deal for the quality (tops).

I got my capes today and they look great. Can't wait to try them out

+ Reply to Thread