+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally some good news about a local fly shop

Default Finally some good news about a local fly shop

My favorite local fly shop has moved to a new, larger facility. The first things you notice when you walk through the door are the beautiful wooden rod and fly displays that they had custom made. They were always a well stocked store and now with more space, even more so. It's nice to have a local shop moving up and not closing down.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Default fly shops in SJ-Cupertino

Tyro - which shop is that?

Did you know the Upstream in Los Gatos is closing? How is the Midge (in Palo Alto?) doing?

tl
    les

les,

California Fly Shop (formerly Caddis Fly Shop) is the shop that moved. There new address is 985 Industrial Road, San Carlos, CA. Just in case you did not know, Ted sold the business about a year ago. Chris who had a minority interest stayed on and is co-owner of the new/old shop. They have been doing very well and are very active at the events put on by the Golden Gate Casting Club.

Yes, I did know about Upstream. Went by there a few weeks ago after having lunch with my folks at the brew pub near by. Saw the signs posted "Going out of business." Ended up buying some odds and ends. Sorry to see them go. They have been around for a number of years.

I don't frequent the Midge Fly Shop (Los Altos) all that much. I did drive by about a month ago and it looks to be business as usual.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread