+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping Charges

Ebay high shipping charges is usually to avoid ebay listing and selling fees. Ebay is aware and busy checking out reports of such antics. Report abusers to ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis
    Ebay high shipping charges is usually to avoid ebay listing and selling fees. Ebay is aware and busy checking out reports of such antics. Report abusers to ebay.
    Bob,

I don't disagree that the sellers use existing rules (ebay, fed. and state taxes) to their advantage. However, the buyers use the same rules to their advantage as well. Crotalus had it right. A buyer should look at the anticipated total price. If it's going to be too much, don't bid. I once bought pocket knives for $1.00 each. The shipping was a flat fee depending on quantity. I think it was: 1-6 @ $5.00, 7-12 @ $8. I only wanted 2 but decided to buy 6.

You willing to sell one of your 'Mosquitos' for $1? I'll even pay $50 for shipping

Hendrickson

I once bought a jack knife on ebay. It was listed for pennies. Didn't look at the shipping fee(Dumb)...how much could it be? At the time priority mail was $3.85 under a pound anywhere in the U.S. (Now $4.05)..It was $29.95 shipping!!!!!! And it was one of those crummy $9.99 knives they sell in quick marts..Asian import that would not hold an edge. Just before 9/11 gov was trying to find a way to tax sales on ebay..then it was forgotten about...still no taxes but only a matter of time. Some people charge state sales tax in their own state sales, mostly people who also have actual stores and sell old stuff ,or buy out stuff, or imported flies that cost them $3 a dozen. But still no taxes on ebay sales..at least not on normal items..not familiar with cars, boats or other multi thousand dollar items. These guys charge these high fees mainly to avoid paying ebay selling and listing fees to ebay. Ebay has had several 'town meetings' and other announcements on this practice. Sun glasses, fake RayBans etc are often sold this way. I have yet to see an item on ebay with these phoney S/H charges where the total between item cost plus S/H was worth the total. I now just will not buy from these people...By the way....99 cents and 99 dollars S/H will buy you a loose Mosquito...LOL Cost $145 with rosewood base, beveled mirror and 4X4 dome at the shows LOL! See you there.

Report abusers to ebay. In my opinion, over the years, ebay talks big but does not lesson the burden. IMO. Jonezee

The calendar came in the mail today. There was no indication of how much of the $2.50 went to shipping and how much to handling. Not that it really mattered much. What I want to do is let Doug Shock know that the 2007 verison is every bit as nice as this years calendar.

Tim

Tim,
    Thanks! I can hardly wait to get my calendar!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread