+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabela's ... Yet Again

Blog Entries

Default Cabela's ... Yet Again

Last Friday I mailed an order and a check to Cabela's. I have sent them several orders before, so apparently they didn't bother with my check clearing before they shipped my order. To my delight, my order arrived this morning. It is December, the month of Christmas, and I STILL got my order back on the 7th day. Well done Cabela's, and thanks.

Ed

On the 7th day of Christmas, Cabela's sent to me 7 ...
    Bear742

Hey Ed,
    Cabelas, like all vendors who accept checks in payment, know immediately upon receipt of your check if there are sufficient funds to cover. AND, believe me, they "check" before sending out the order. AND, depending on the check verification service they use, the amount of the check is "frozen" till it actually/physically clears. All this is done instantaneously. So, you can complement them on their quick delivery rather than revel in the trust they have in you.

Blog Entries

Marco, I wasn't reveling in their trust. I WAS reveling in their fast delivery. I was ony speculating as to one of the causes. Still, a week (technically 8 days) from mailing to receiving if very good in December. At least I am very pleased with it.

Hi Ed,

Just about all the places out there now are that fast. If they aren't, they usually don't last that long. I can remember not that long ago that they usually stated four to six weeks for delivery. Even back ordered stuff is much faster depending on the item.

Regards,

Mark

I sent a friend to Global Dorber last Wedmesdau via eamil order. He received the Fly Line and Backing on Saturday!! He was amazed.

.....Cabela's sent to me...........8 boxes for one order.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

nighthawk Guest

Placed an order for hunting boots on Sunday got them on Thursday. Fast shipping. The boots were in their manufacturers display box packed in a Cabela's 2.5 cube box. Perfect packing choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Vendon
    Hi Ed,

Just about all the places out there now are that fast. If they aren't, they usually don't last that long. I can remember not that long ago that they usually stated four to six weeks for delivery. Even back ordered stuff is much faster depending on the item.

Regards,

Mark
    That's one of the wonders of modern retailing. Unless you have a niche with a unique product(s), you are in the same boat with everyone else. The only thing you have to compete with is your service.

Ma and Pa operations are up against some tough competition there. If we like Ma and Pa, we're gonna have to spot them some $$ on price and some days on delivery to keep them around.
    Bear742

Default Yep

While on vacation in Utah, we stopped at Lehi's Cabelas for a number of reasons. The Boise Cabelas didn't have what I wanted as a Christmas gift. (They were out and had no idea when it would come in or when they even ordered it.) Also, the Lehi store is great. Lots of floor space, great exhibits, good layout, etc.

Anyway, I asked the customer service gal about the item, and she spent over 5 minutes looking around to see if it was moved on the floor, and then she spent another 10 minutes getting stock number, inventory location in the back, double packing so there was no chance the item could be seen. Of course, the person I was buying this for was wandering the store, so everything was quick and on the sly.

Bravo Zulu for Lehi Cabelas.

+ Reply to Thread