+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tied my first fly today....

Default Tied my first fly today....

got my kit last night but was too tired to tie....so i come home after school only to find out that my tying book is missing

Anyway, I had looked at the flies about a million times so i tryed to tie one from memory. I tied a black woolybugger with a pink tail, it's hackle sticks in every direction and is way too long but im still proud of it.

Pics will come later tonite

WAY TO GO!!!

o and on a wooly bugger, the hackle CANT be too long lol. the longer it is the more vibration and wiggle and added attraction the fly has!!! its good to vary patterns. thats one of the best parts of flytying!!!

Alex L....great... you might consider that if you are missing your tying book ...you can come to FAOL...Fly Of The Week Archives e.g. ....and you will find plenty of flies to tie.

my first sly a wooly worm sucked. the more i tie though i get a lot better. can't wait to see the pics. have fun, and FAOL is the best site there is for patterns. check the fly tying sites post for other sources to.

keep on tying
    Matt

Alex what ever you do SAVE IT do not use it and see what it looks like years from now. I framed my grand kids first flies and now that there grown up some want them back to burn------ BILL

Alex L,
    Your making me jealous. I got my first vise the other night but I haven't been able to get any material yet. I am so itching to get started.

Mike

Oops! The disease spreads quickly and devours you! Enjoy--I almost, note I said almost, like to tie flies more than fish. Nows that's crazy.

Chugger

That's a great looking bugger, Alex. Much better than my first effort.

Best,
    Will

nice looking fly alex!!! i too tied my first (and second) flies today. a 16 griffith's gnat and a 12 olive wooly bugger with a little wire added for weight. i think i'm done for. all my saturdays will be spent at the bench from now on.

+ Reply to Thread