+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yosemite Brand Fly Tyer?s Finger Treatment - it works!

Default Yosemite Brand Fly Tyer?s Finger Treatment - it works!

It works! It really works!

Each fall and winter my hands, and more specifically my finger tips become dry and rough which leads to cracking and bleeding. Because of this, fly tying can be a bit of a challenge. I have tried all sorts of hand cremes and lotions, but for some reason the skin does not absorb them. Even with an overnight application I can wipe off the lotion with a towel only to expose the dry roughness once again. I have yet to find a lotion or creme that my hands can absorb and don't leave a greasy residue, until now. Having read several posts and the sponsors page I decided to give Yosemite Brand Fly Tyer?s Finger Treatment a try. My skin seems to absorb it and remain smooth without that greasy feeling I get with other hand lotions. While it does not heal the cracks I get on my finger tips, it does smooth them out enough to allow the thread to not catch and become frayed or have dubbing stick to my fingers instead of the thread. I like the fact that I don't apply it all over my hands just to benefit my finger tips. I just apply very small amount to each of my finger tips and Voila I am in business. Dubbing has never been better this time of year for me.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

It is working on the calluses on my hands.
    I think it wil even let the cracks in them heal after a while.

Rick

Especially nice to say "I told you so" when someone discovers something terrific like this. Give the FTFT a week or so, and you'll be even more surprised. Here's one for you to try - after a treatment on all the rough spots on your hands with the FTFT, apply a little of any good quality hand lotion, like Vaseline Intensive Care. The FTFT seems to make the other hand lotion work much more effectively. In fact, I only have to re-apply the FTFT every three days or so, and just use regular hand lotions after every time I wash my hands. My nasty, rough, dry, painful skin is just a bad memory now.

OK>>>OK>>>>OK....

I can't stand all this constant raving....so I'm going to order some....and I hardly have a problem

Blog Entries

If this keeps up we will have to have a seperate forum just for Yosemite. ha ha...lol

I'm in the process of making a bar downstairs. It needs tons of sanding to get it ready for the stain and varathane coating. I'm thinking of using 2 match heads of the finger treatment to soften the rough spots instead of all that sanding. lol
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Got mine last week and all I can say about this stuff is..

It works, it works, it works!!!!!

So where do you buy this stuff?

I'll add a hardy "Awesome" to the accolades.

In addition to the snaggy nature of dry callused hands, the oil that accompanies most hand lotions is a problem with silk/rayon floss. The Yosemite FTFT doesn't appear to leave any oil residue, and a quick wash before handling the floss should eliminate any concerns.

My hands are as soft as a babies bottom and I just received my jars three days ago.

It has a very faint smell of lanolin and it's whipped with a lot of air, so it's like nothing you've ever seen before... a bit like whipped maple cream, but probably not as tasty.

Jtaylor,

You can order the stuff from www.flytyersfingertreatment.com

I'm also a fan of this stuff and they are a sponsor of FAOL.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Default Thanks, ya'll

It really is good to hear that something we do, no matter how small, is really appreciated. Now just ever so pleasantly --- demand that your nearest supplier put it on their shelves

& yup, there's a tad of lanolin in it so remember to keep the lid good and tight and don't let it get overly warm for extended periods of time. Nothing lasts forever.

Hoppy Halidays to you all.

+ Reply to Thread