+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7th Annual Mid West Fly Tying Expo

Default 7th Annual Mid West Fly Tying Expo

Just got home from Mason, MI. As last year the show was awsom!! There were at least 100 tiers and Lots of FAOLer's on hand.
    The great thing about this Expo is the things you can learn. I learned a great Sparrow fly from one of our members, and picked up the materials to tie some,
    Watching Cris Helm tie his spun deer hair bugs is fasinating and I got an education on deer and other hairs.
    The bad thing about the Expo is not enough time to visit every tier and visit with all the old and new friends!

Jack I agree---it was great meeting every one One women that was at the show , on FAOL a lot ,said she got booted off. Must have said something wrong. BILL

Was planning on going, however friday nite's dinner told me to stay home yesterday, and its a good thing I did. Jack when are you going to start giving Deer Hair tying lessons?
    Bill

Sounds like fun. Too bad I missed it. Maybe I'll get to the Midwest Fly Fishing show in March and meet up with some of you.

Mike

The Mason Expo is good, but the Southfield show in March is a MUST! FANTASTIC in almost every way! I wouldn't miss it!

Jim the southfield show is much to do about advertizing rather fhan showing the art of fly fishing. Lots of booths, a couple tiers and a little fly casting. It does bring in money for a good cause.

I plan to attend the March show. I want to see if I can get a few more from Ohio or a little east or south to ride along with me.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiotuber
    I plan to attend the March show. I want to see if I can get a few more from Ohio or a little east or south to ride along with me.
    Mike
    Hey Mike,

Don't wait until March for the next show when you can see some of the best tyers in the Midwest at the 5th Annual Northern Ohio Fly Tying Expo on January 13, 2007 in Cleveland, Ohio. http://www.expo2007.ncff.net This is a really a great show with 13 FFF Clubs sending tyers from Ohio, PA, Michigan, Indiana and Michigan, as well as Chris Helm, Bear Andrews and many more. Lots of vendors and room for more this year with a new location. This show gets better each year. Chris will be teaching a beginner deer hair class at no additional cost. $10 at the door gets all the educational seminars and show floor entry. This is put on by an FFF Charter Club that is a McKenzie Cup winner, and an excellent reputation for educational outreach.

Joe
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Joe
    Fat Bill and I have attended for the last 3 years. We will be there again this year. You are right, it is a nice show. Maybe we can meet up at the show.
    Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

I Also enjoyed getting to meet Jack finally, along with McSteff and Jim Flamming. It was a good show with pretty fair attendance. Overall just a great way to waist a day in the middle of the winter.

+ Reply to Thread