+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fly tying and Rod Building Materials- Free !

Default Paddy is the bomb

Got my materials today. You are awesome! Already tied a couple of pretty olive conehead buggers with the new hackle. It works better than some of the other I had that I was struggling with. Do you have paypal or would you rather I drop a few bucks in an envelope to pay fot he postage?

Quote Originally Posted by NderdaFilm
    Hi, I sent you a PM.

I am teaching our boy scout troop for the fly fishing merrit badge. I have at least 2 maybe 3 kids who would be interested in having thier own rod, but the troop is not going to buy it. Currently they barrow my 5wt or 8wt and fish with me. A couple of kids dads already have a rod. I have never built one, but if it is not too hard we can do it. I can send you a reciept for a charitable donation to our troop, just put down what you consider the prices to be of the components. Building a rod may be just the ticket, since there is no rush on finishing this badge. The reason is we will probably have to wait until spring to catch a bass or bluegill to give the boys thier 2nd type of fish caught.

My daughter is a girl scout, I will talk to her leader also, but I think the girls are rather young, 8 yrs old.

Thanks

Sheldon
    Sheldon,
    Have you considered carp for their 2nd type of fish? This would really test them.

Ray

Default Re: Paddy is the bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Gigante
    Got my materials today. You are awesome! Already tied a couple of pretty olive conehead buggers with the new hackle. It works better than some of the other I had that I was struggling with. Do you have paypal or would you rather I drop a few bucks in an envelope to pay fot he postage?
    I have Paypal its under xbonz@bresnan.net
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

I believe I have read about some fly angling organizations that help supply fly fishing gear to groups. I believe that there are some place that anglers can donated (usable fly fishing equipment for such purposes), I just forgot were I read about it.

Any help from members.... to fill in the blanks?

Thanks so much Paddy! The second worked like a charm, and I recieved your package in the mail today!

BTW, what type of flys and what sizes do you fish most?

I tie EHC,humpies,Adams,Stimis, Colorado Kings,hoppers,beatles, ants mostly in #14-16. I tie Woolys,SJ worms, streamers etc in #4-6. I tie copper Johns,GRHE,BHFT,wd40,JUJUBEE Midges,Yong specials, RS2, and many other midge patterns in#18-24.
    ---------------------<(*)(><{ Paddy
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

Blog Entries

Paddy I sent you an PM
    Sometimes a crowd can be the loneliest place

+ Reply to Thread